- Considers the latest advances in fluid machinery technology
- Examines root cause analysis of vibration in pipe systems with centrifugal pumps
- Discusses thermal spray coatings for fluid machinery
Table of Contents
- Gas compression: New reciprocating compressor solution for offshore applications: Product development, realisation and its first installation; Low temperature damage of a cryogenic centrifugal ethylene Compressor; Centrifugal compressor modification mitigating the effects of increased thrust due to fouling and leakages; Validation of a surge model by full scale testing. Pump design: Design study of a novel regenerative pump using experimental and numerical techniques; Positive displacement fuel pumping for aero-engines. Enhanced recovery and capture: Dynamic plunger seal for offshore injection pumps with pressures above 700 bar. Centrifugal compressors and pumps for CO2 applications: Reliability: Numerical and practical investigations of mechanical seal interface films; Thermal spray coatings and fluid machinery; How to improve critical machine ‘up time’ and save energy!; Integral measuring ring for tilting pad thrust bearings; Latest perfluoroelastomer sealing development in rapid gas decompression (Norsok M710 rev. 2) applications. Fluid machinery vibration: Root cause analysis of vibrations and pulsations in a naphtha pipe system with centrifugal pumps; The mechanics of vane passing frequency vibration; Synchronous rotor vibrations due to bearing journal differential heating. Gas turbines: Modelling and simulation of transient thermal loading in a gas turbine; Use of compressor water wash to optimise gas turbine performance; Offshore spinning reserve study and emission testing for IPPC permits.
- No. of pages: 272
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2010
- Published: September 1, 2010
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
About the Author
Institution of Mechanical Engineers
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Eleventh European Fluid Machinery Congress"