* Surveys a large body of literature on the mechanism of the ER effect and the design of industrially applicable ER devices
* Discusses technological problems affiliated with industrial applications
Table of Contents
- 1. Colloidal suspensions and electrorheological fluids.
2. Viscosity of liquids and colloidal suspensions with and without an external electric field.
3. The positive, negative, photo-ER, and electromagnetorheological (EMR) effects.
4. The electrorheological materials.
5. Critical parameters to the electrorheological effect.
6. Physics of electrorheological fluids.
7. Dielectric property of non-aqueous heterogeneous systems.
8. Dielectric properties of ER suspensions.
9. Mechanisms of the electrorheological effect.
10. Applications of the electrorheological fluids.
- No. of pages: 578
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Elsevier Science 2005
- Published: November 29, 2005
- Imprint: Elsevier Science
- eBook ISBN: 9780080455440
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Electrorheological Fluids"