- Start-to-finish overview of the medical clinic workflow provides a step-by-step guide to the patient process, from check-in to check-out, and everything in between.
- Access to MedTrak — an online electronic health record (EHR) and practice management program.
- Four appendices with case studies offer extra practice in four designated areas of the medical office: Front Desk, Clinical, Administrative and Charting, and Billing and Coding.
- Introductory chapter on the Electronic Health Record presents great background information on the history and other important information about the electronic health record.
- Do This! boxes feature clear, concise instructions to effectively and successfully work through the book without getting overwhelmed and anxious about working with the software.
- Built-in checkpoints throughout the book ensure that you are completing the right steps and in the correct order.
- Screenshots throughout every chapter provide a great visual demonstration of the step-by-step set-up of this book.
- Chapter on Refunds discusses some of the nuances that is associated with patient billing, providing a helpful practical approach to how real-world medical offices function.
- Introduction to the Electronic Health Record
- Medical Clinic Workflow
- Adding Patients
- Helpful Tips and Navigation
- Attaching Payers to a Patient
- Patient Registration
- Clinic Status Screen
- Nursing Intake
- Initial Contact (Physician)
- Open Orders Processing
- Out the Door (Overview)
- Additional Orders (Physician)
- Referrals (Physician)
- Diagnosing (Physician)
- Patient History and Physical Exam (Physician)
- Prescribing (Physician)
- Aftercare Instructions (Physician)
- Evaluation and Management (Physician)
- Nursing Discharge
- Payment Collection (Front Desk)
- Pending Results
- Unbilled Charges
- Posting Charges to a Bill
- Printing Bills
- Payment Processing
- Accounts Receivable
- Collection Activity
Appendix A: Front Desk Case Studies
Appendix B: Clinical Case Studies
Appendix C: Administrative and Charting Case Studies
Appendix D: Billing and Coding Case Studies