Table of Contents
- Preface. 1. The Electron Paramagnetic Resonance Experiment. 2. Spin Doublets in an Applied Magnetic Field: A Qualitative Treatment. 3. The Quantitative Description of the Spectra from Spin Doublets Interacting with an Applied Magnetic Field Only. 4. The Spectra from Spin Doublets Interacting with a Nuclear Spin: A Qualitative Treatment. 5. Spectra of Spin Doublets Interacting with a Nuclear Spin: A Quantitative Treatment. 6. Nuclear Quadrupole and Nuclear Zeeman Effects in Spin Doublets. 7. Spectrum Simulation for Spin Doublets. 8. Metal Ions in Cubic and Axial Ligand Fields. 9. The Relationship between the Spin-Hamiltonian Parameters and the Electronic Structures of Spin Doublet Paramagnets. 10. Paramagnets with S ⟩ 1/
2. 11. Monomeric Spin Triplets: Qualitative and Quantitative Aspects. 12. Monomeric Spin Quartet Paramagnets. 13. Monomeric Spin Quintets: Qualitative and Quantitative Aspects. 14. Monomeric Spin Sextet Paramagnets. 15. Polynuclear Transition Metal Compounds. 16. Simulation of Spectra for Paramagnets with Multiple Unpaired Electrons. 17. Extended Electron Exchange in Crystals. 18. Relaxation, Linewidths, Determination of Concentrations, and Microwave Power Saturation. Appendices. Some physical properties of selected solvents. Physical constants and conversion factors. Spin-Hamiltonians, operator equivalents and some relationships between angular momentum operators. Direction cosines and transformation of axes. Some useful mathematical relationships. Some properties of nuclei with non-zero nuclear spin and hyperfine interactions parameters. Polar coordinates, Cartesian coordinates, wavefunctions, orbitals. Determinantal wavefunctions. Inter-electron repulsion calculations. The effect of operators such as R&dgr;/ &dgr;x. Dipole-dipole interactions and the point-dipole approximations. Expanded FIR diagrams for S=1, 1, 3/ 2, 2, 5/ 2, 3, 7/ 2, 4, 9/ 2. Mean values of functions and the methods of moments. Subject and Keyword Index. Chemical Index.
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Elsevier Science 1992
- Published: November 5, 1992
- Imprint: Elsevier Science
- eBook ISBN: 9781483291499
About the Authors
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Electron Paramagnetic Resonance of d Transition Metal Compounds"