2. The Theory of Electrical Conductivity
3. Conductive Composites
4. Manufacturing Methods of Conductive Composites
5. The External Fields in Conductive Composites
6. The Applications of Conductive Composites
7. The Modelling of Electrical Conductivity in Composites
8. Testing Methods of Conductive Composites
Electrical Conductivity in Polymer-based Composites: Experiments, Modelling and Applications offers detailed information on all aspects of conductive composites. These composites offer many benefits in comparison to traditional conductive materials, and have a broad range of applications, including electronic packaging, capacitors, thermistors, fuel cell devices, dielectrics, piezoelectric functions and ferroelectric memories. Sections cover the theory of electrical conductivity and the different categories of conductive composites, describing percolation threshold, tunneling effect and other phenomena in the field. Subsequent chapters present thorough coverage of the key phases in the development and use of conductive composites, including manufacturing methods, external parameters, applications, modelling and testing methods.
This is an essential source of information for materials scientists and engineers working in the fields of polymer technology, processing and engineering, enabling them to improve manufacture and testing methods, and to benefit fully from applications. The book also provides industrial and academic researchers with a comprehensive and up-to-date understanding of conductive composites and related issues.
- Explains the methods used in the manufacture and testing of conductive composites, and in the modeling of electrical conductivity
- Contains specialized information on the full range of applications for conductive composites, including conductive adhesives or pastes
- Brings scientists, engineers and researchers up-to-date with the latest advances in the field
Materials scientists and engineers in the fields of polymer technology, processing, and engineering, in industrial research and academia
- No. of pages:
- © William Andrew 2018
- 1st June 2018
- William Andrew
- Hardcover ISBN:
Reza Taherian is an Assistant Professor in Materials in the Department of Mechanic Engineering at Shahrood University, Iran. His experience includes Manufacturing polymer based composites, developing a high accuracy apparatus for determining the electrical conductivity in polymer based composites and semiconductors, manufacturing polymer/carbon composites for different layers of PEM fuel cells, and modelling of electrical conductivity in composites.
Shahrood University, Iran