Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Electric Vehicles for Smart Cities: Trends, Challenges, and Opportunities uniquely examines different approaches to electric vehicle deployment in the context of smart cities. It provides a holistic picture of electromobility within urban areas, offering an integrated approach to city transportation systems and taking into account energy systems and latest vehicle technologies. The book addresses the interaction between grid infrastructure, vehicles, costs, benefits and operational reliability within an integrated framework, along with the role electric vehicles play in the social and political aspects of climate change mitigation, the renewable energy based economy, and how electric vehicles and their system requirements actually work.
- Features case studies from cities around the world, including Amsterdam, Berlin, Helsinki, London, Stockholm, Los Angeles, New York, Shanghai and Portland, Oregon
- Traces the developments, innovations, advantages and disadvantages relating to the electric car industry
- Includes learning aids such as discussion questions and text boxes
Transportation, engineering, energy, smart city planning, and sustainability academics and researchers. Transportation and city planners, transportation engineers, and automotive industry professionals
2. Electric Vehicles: Principles, History, Current technology Developments
3. Smart Cities and Transportation Optimization: Concepts, Frameworks, Advantages and Challenges
4. Market-Oriented Approaches to Electromobility in Urban Areas
5. Life Cycle Analysis of Electromobility, Emissions and Climate Change Mitigation Strategies
6. Case Studies of Electric Vehicle Deployment in Cities Around the World
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2020
- 1st September 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
Evanthia A. Nanaki is a research affiliate to the Department of Business Development and Technology, Centre for Energy Technologies, Aarhus University, Denmark. She has extensive research experience in sustainability management, smart cities, EVs, and engine emissions mitigation. She has written numerous papers for peer reviewed journals including Journal of Transport Policy, Journal of Journal of Cleaner Production, Journal of Indoor and Built Environment, and Journal of Renewable Energy.
Department of Business Development and Technology, Centre for Energy Technologies, Aarhus University, Herning, Denmark
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.