- Essential reading for all those working in apparel and fashion design, textile selection, fabric design and development and fabric manufacturers
- Covers statistical methods in evaluating hand and a comparison of hand evaluation in different cultures
- Looks at the effect processing has on fabric hand
Table of Contents
- Part 1 Understanding and evaluating fabric hand: Concepts and understanding of fabric hand; Development in measurement and evaluation of fabric hand; Application of statistical methods in evaluation of fabric hand; Comparison of fabric hand evaluation in different cultures. Part 2 Effect of fiber and fabric factors on fabric hand; Effect of fiber factors on fabric hand; Effect of yarn factors on fabric hand; Effect of woven fabrics on the fabric hand of cotton and CO/PES fabrics assessed on the Instron tensile tester. Part 3 Effect of processing on fabric hand: Effect of wet processing and chemical finishing on fabric hand; Effect of mechanical finishing on fabric hand; Effect of refurbishing on fabric hand. Part 4 Appendices: Appendix A The standardization and analysis of hand evaluation (second edition); Appendix B, SiroFAST fabric assurance by simple testing.
- No. of pages: 496
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2005
- Published: October 31, 2005
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781845690984
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Effect of Mechanical and Physical Properties on Fabric Hand"