Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Education and National Development: A Comparative Perspective discusses the correlation between education and national development. The book is comprised of nine chapters that cover several concerns regarding the subject matter, such as the theoretical underpinning, dimensions, policies, and practice. The first chapter discusses the origins of modern development thought, while the second chapter talks about how formal schooling can serve as an ""agent of change"". Chapters 3, 4, and 5 cover the various dimension development, which are economic growth, employment, quality of life, and political system. Chapter 6 discusses strategies for educational reform, while Chapter 7 deals with the evaluation of development policy. The eighth chapter provides a comparative discourse about education and development under capitalism and socialism. Chapter 9 talks about education, the state, and development. The book will be of great interest to readers concerned about how education correlates with national development.
List of Figures and Tables
Part 1 Conceptions of Societal Development
1. The Origins of Modern Development Thought
2. Education and Development: the Emerging Confidence in Formal Schooling as an Agent of Change
Part 2 Dimensions of Development
3. Education, Economic Growth and Employment
4. Education, Modernization and Quality of Life
5. Education, Political Mobilization and Development
Part 3 Policy and Practice
6. Strategies for Educational Reforms
7. Evaluation of Education in Development Policy
Part 4 Towards a Typology for Education and Development
8. Education and Development under Capitalism and Socialism
9. Education, the State and Development
- No. of pages:
- © Pergamon 1983
- 1st January 1983
- eBook ISBN:
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.