- Focus on health and wellness helps you gain an understanding of the patient’s experience.
- AACN and the Hartford Institute for Geriatric Nursing core competencies integrated throughout.
- Consistent chapter organization and pedagogy, including Learning Objectives, Glossary, and Research and Study Questions/Activities.
- Evidence-Based Practice boxes summarize research findings that confirm effective practices or identify practices with unknown, ineffective, or harmful effects.
- Careful attention to age, cultural, and gender differences helps you understand these important considerations in caring for older adults
- Expanded tables, boxes, and forms, including the latest scales and guidelines for proper health assessment make information easy to find and use.
- Activities and discussion questions at the end of every chapter equip you with the information you need to assess the patient.
Part 1: Foundations of Healthy Aging
Part 2: Fundamentals of caring
Part 3: Coping with chronic disorders in late life
Part 4: Caring for elders and their caregivers