This practical, one-of-a-kind manual guides you step by step through the most common injection techniques for a full range of disorders. Experts in the field help you assess whether an injection is indicated, localize the site, choose the correct needle, avoid possible complications, provide necessary post-injection care, and more. A user-friendly format, clinical pearls, state-of-the-art line drawings, and the latest guidelines make this handbook an essential reference for any physician performing an injection procedure.
- A uniform format guides you through every step of the most common injection techniques, from treating musculoskeletal and neurologic disorders to performing alternative procedures such as acupuncture.
- Recommendations for the most effective number of injections, as well as what medications and how much to inject, help you stay up to date and provide state-of-the-art care.
- Extensive coverage of common principles specific to each injection area helps you conquer even your toughest cases.
- Clinical pearls in each chapter provide easy access to key concepts and techniques.
- Detailed line drawings highlighting major landmarks paired with photographs provide vivid, visual guidance for accurate needle placement.
- A handy, portable size makes need-to-know information accessible at any time.
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 2007
- 11th September 2007
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Chairman and Director of Residency Training, Professor of Clinical Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Director of Electrodiagnostic Services, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Nassau University Medical Center, East Meadow, NY, USA
Associate Professor, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, Massachusetts
Clinical Assistant Professor of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR; Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Springfield Neurological and Spine Institute, Springfield, MO
Long Island Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Jericho, NY; Associate Professor of Clinical Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Stony Brook College of Medicine Stony Brook, NY, USA
With its accessible, portable size, Easy Injections is an invaluable source of guidance on performing common injection techniques that physicians can carry and consult anywhere.