Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Dynamics of Coupled Systems in High-Speed Railways: Theory and Practice presents the relationship between various coupled systems that can affect train operation, including interaction between track and train, the pantograph-catenary system and train, power supply system and train, and airflow and train, with respect to the structure and characteristics of high-speed railway. The overall simulation optimization and control are achieved based on an analysis of the dynamics generated by coupled systems in high-speed trains, with a theoretical framework for the dynamics presented in the book.
- Presents the first book available on the dynamics of coupled systems in high-speed trains
- Provides a systematic view of high-speed vehicle dynamics, covering the issues that are especially concerned for high speed operations, such as high-speed pantograph and catenary, aerodynamic characteristics and running stability of high-speed trains
- Covers the optimization of dynamic performance, the design of parameters, the simulation of high-speed train service processes, and the identification of high-speed train state and condition assessment
Graduates majored in high-speed trains; research and development engineers; high-speed train design engineers
2. Modeling of dynamics of coupled system in high-speed trains
3. Simulation platform of dynamics of coupled system in high-speed trains
4. The basic characteristics of mechanics performance and evaluation for coupled system in high-speed trains
5. Design methods of optimization for dynamics performance in high-speed trains
6. Design methods of parameters’ optimization for coupled systems in high-speed trains
7. Test techniques of dynamic behaviors of coupled systems in high-speed trains
8. Service performance and the safety control of high-speed trains
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2020
- 13th November 2019
- Paperback ISBN:
Mr. Zhang got his master and PhD degree in 1989 and 1996 from Southwest Jiaotong University respectively. His research includes rail vehicle design theory and structural reliability; vehicle system dynamics and control; pantograph-catenary relation; measurement and test technology.
With his experience and expertise for nearly 30 years, he has in charge of or actively got involved with many major projects funded by the government agencies as well as China’s top train makers. He has published over 200 refereed papers in these areas in various journals and 2 books, and gave a number of keynote speeches on international conferences.
As one of the founders of the full-scale roller rig in TPL, his original PhD work focused on dynamic simulation of railway vehicles, and his paper entitled "A study on dynamic behavior of pantograph by using hybrid simulation method " was chosen as the Paper of 2005 by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers of the UK, and was granted the Hawksley Thomas Award by the institution.
Under his leadership, TPL has become one of China’s premier learning and research institutions in high speed train field.
Professor, Director of the State Key Laboratory of Traction Power (TPL), Southwest Jiaotong University, China
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.