- Presents the first book available on the dynamics of coupled systems in high-speed trains
- Provides a systematic view of high-speed vehicle dynamics, covering the issues that are especially concerned for high speed operations, such as high-speed pantograph and catenary, aerodynamic characteristics and running stability of high-speed trains
- Covers the optimization of dynamic performance, the design of parameters, the simulation of high-speed train service processes, and the identification of high-speed train state and condition assessment
Graduates majored in high-speed trains; research and development engineers; high-speed train design engineers
Table of Contents
- 1. Introduction
2. Modeling of dynamics of coupled system in high-speed trains
3. Simulation platform of dynamics of coupled system in high-speed trains
4. The basic characteristics of mechanics performance and evaluation for coupled system in high-speed trains
5. Design methods of optimization for dynamics performance in high-speed trains
6. Design methods of parameters’ optimization for coupled systems in high-speed trains
7. Test techniques of dynamic behaviors of coupled systems in high-speed trains
8. Service performance and the safety control of high-speed trains
- No. of pages: 610
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Elsevier 2019
- Published: November 13, 2019
- Imprint: Elsevier
- Paperback ISBN: 9780128133750
About the Author
With his experience and expertise for nearly 30 years, he has in charge of or actively got involved with many major projects funded by the government agencies as well as China’s top train makers. He has published over 200 refereed papers in these areas in various journals and 2 books, and gave a number of keynote speeches on international conferences.
As one of the founders of the full-scale roller rig in TPL, his original PhD work focused on dynamic simulation of railway vehicles, and his paper entitled "A study on dynamic behavior of pantograph by using hybrid simulation method " was chosen as the Paper of 2005 by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers of the UK, and was granted the Hawksley Thomas Award by the institution.
Under his leadership, TPL has become one of China’s premier learning and research institutions in high speed train field.
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
(Total rating for all reviews)
Jiangwen Mon Nov 18 2019
Professional reference book
A professional reference book about dynamics of high-speed trains, consisting of many basic theory and testing results. Deserve to learning.