Implementing e-business requires a dynamic approach that can respond to changes in technology, management direction, customer and supplier behavior, and competition. Many traditional project management methods don't work with e-business. This book presents proven real world management methods that are adaptive, dynamic, and flexible in an e-business environment. It tackles the central issues of e-business: the burgeoning market for "buy-side" extranet/Internet procurement and supply chain management/business-to-business, Web-based transactions.
@introbul:Key Features @bul:* Set up an e-business implementation plan using proven project templates
- Anticipate and cope with dynamic change during e-business implementation
- Encourage and motivate the e-business team to participate in project management and resolving issues
- Deal with e-business implementation issues and crises
- Address 100 specific e-business management issues
- Communicate effectively with management on e-business
- Share and allocate resources among e-business and other work
- Manage e-business teams of business staff, vendors, and IT
- Gather and use e-business lessons learned as the basis for expanding and improving future e-business efforts @introbul:Answers Questions Such as: @bul:* What are critical success factors in e-business implementation?
- How do you get employees and managers to participate in e-business?
- How do you set up your e-business implementation plan fast?
- How do you share resources between e-business and other work?
- How do you use project templates and modern software tools to increase your chance of e-business success?
- How do you manage and control risk in your e-business project?
- How do you direct large-scale e-business efforts in the real world?
Dynamic E-Business Implementation Management is written for people who need to make technology and the Internet into part of their core competence.
Manage Your E-Business Implementation. Develop Your E-Business Implementation Plan. Become an Effective E-Business Implementation Manager. Manage Your E-Business Teams. Obtain E-Business Resources and Funding. Use Technology Effectively to Support E-Business Work. Coordinate Your E-Business Activities. Communicate with Management. Track Your E-Business Efforts. Manage E-Business Resources. Manage E-Business Work. Manage E-Business, Projects and Regular Work. Manage E-Business Contractors and Vendors. Measure the Effectiveness of Your E-Business Effort. Address E-Business Management Issues. 100 Specific E-Business Issues. Appendices. Index.
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2001
- 16th June 2000
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
@qu:"E-business is complex and dynamic and Lientz and Rea present management methods that are adaptive, dynamic and flexible for E-business environments... The authors tackle the complexity of implementing e-business in a structured fashion, making it easy to use for someone about to launch into such a project... The authors have thus created a work which is ideal for an e-business manager or someone about to go into such a position. The book is not designed to be read from cover to cover but more like a reference work, suitable for specific cases or situations as they develop and when details are required... [it is] ...useful for those involved in e-business or for those ready to launch an e-business venture." @source:--AMIE PETERS, in www.FirstMonday.org, December 2000 issue