Consolidates information developed by industry and government laboratories on dust control engineering techniques. Designed for the minerals processing industry, the technology applies to other industries as well. Dust, its prevention, formation and control are examined, including wet and dry control systems, personal protection, and testing methods.
Designed for the minerals processing industry, the technology applies to other industries as well.
- Dust and Its Control What Is Dust? How Is Dust Generated? Types of Dust Why Is Dust Control Necessary? Health Hazard Factors How Is Dust Controlled?
- Preventing Dust Formation Introduction Belt Conveyors Transfer Chutes Enclosures Crushers Screens Storage Bins and Hoppers Bucket Elevators Feeders Screw Conveyors Pneumatic Conveyors Grinding Mills Dryers Stockpiles Haul Roads Truck and Railroad Car Dumping Powder Handling and Packing
- Dust Control Systems Why Dust Control? Types of Dust Control Systems Selection of a Dust Control System Dust Collection Systems Wet Dust Suppression Systems Airborne Dust Capture Systems Design of a Water-Spray System
- Collecting and Disposing of Dust What Is a Dust Collector Necessity for Dust Collectors Types of Dust Collectors Types of Inertial Separators Fabric Collectors Wet Scrubbers Electrostatic Precipitators Unit Collectors Selecting a Dust Collector Fan and Motor Disposal of Collected Dust
- Specific Illustrations
- Estimating Costs of Dust Control System Necessity for Cost Estimates Cost Estimating Procedures Cost Components Cost Justification
- Controlling Surrounding Dust Sources Introduction Contributing Sources/Factors Administrative Measures Preventive Maintenance Program Proper Operating Procedures Managerial Measures Outside Dust Source Control Recirculation of Uncontrolled Emissions
- Sampling Dust in the Work Environment Personal Dust Sampling ABC's of Personal Dust Sampling Personal Dust Sampling Equipment Sampling Procedure Errors in Respirable Dust Sampling
- Testing Dust Control System Reason for Testing Dust Collection System Testing Wet Dust Suppression Evaluating Dust Control Systems Bibliography Index
- No. of pages:
- © William Andrew 1989
- 31st December 1989
- William Andrew
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Martin Marietta, VA, USA