- Summarizes a large body of evidence into concrete, relevant recommendations that is readily adapted by practicing clinicians
- Explores the current status of DAPT, controversial topics, and future developments and trends in this field
- Edited and contributed by renowned cardiologists in the field
Practitioners in Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Neurology, Vascular Medicine and Cardiovascular Surgery, Fellows in training
Table of Contents
- Platelets and arterial disease – initiation, progression and destabilization of atherosclerotic vascular disease
- Platelet physiology and pharmacology – relevant considerations for patient care
- The development of dual antiplatelet therapy – physiologic and clinical implications of multiple pathway inhibition of platelet function
- Acute coronary syndromes and percutaneous coronary intervention – current recommendations for dual antiplatelet therapy. Are guidelines reflecting the data?
- Peripheral arterial disease – a different kind of arterial disease? The role of antiplatelet therapy in prevention and treatment of limb ischemia
- Cerebrovascular disease – what is the role of DAPT for prevention and treatment of ischemic stroke?
- Competing risks in DAPT duration of therapy – the case for shorter treatment
- DAPT may prevent coronary ischemic events beyond one year – the case for extended DAPT treatment
- How to integrate risk of bleeding and ischemic events in clinical medicine? The role of risk scores
- Moving from DAPT to monotherapy based on P2Y12 receptor blockade – why it could be a novel paradigm?
- The conundrum of simultaneous antiplatelet and antithrombotic therapy – how to resolve it?
- A look to the future
- No. of pages: 220
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 2021
- Published: January 9, 2021
- Imprint: Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN: 9780128205365
- eBook ISBN: 9780128205372
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Dual Antiplatelet Therapy for Coronary and Peripheral Arterial Disease"