1. The Art of Putting a Molecule Into Man
2. Raising & Rising Expectations
3. History is good to know
4. The "Better Betablocker Barrier"
5. Why Some Good Drugs Do Not Get a Chance & Why
6. About the Economics of Target and Clinical Candidate Selection
7. Target Based Drug Discovery: Part I
8. Changes Need to be Made
9. Target Based Drug Discovery, Part II
10. "Drugable" Targets
11. So Many Drugs, So Few Entities
12. How to Find a Candidate
13. Practicalities: The Hoops & Hurdles of Big Pharma
14. Practical Trials for a Balanced Portfolio
15. How to Improve the Odds of Finding a Safe Drug that Works
16. The Tribulations of Clinical Trials
17. Linking Putative Targets to Disease States
18. More Ways to Look for Targets
19. The Business Basics
20. Adding Value in a Growth of Industry
21. What's the Most Profitable Approach?
22. Pharmacoeconomics for Biotech
23. Shrinking Value of Targets
24. Assessing Company Assets? Look in the Library
25. To Merge or Not to Merge?
26. Working with the Food & Drug Administration (FDA)
27. Regulating Regulatory Regimens Reliably
28. The Hypothesis Is: There is a Better Way
29. What are "We" all Working on?
30. More Tablets Taken per Day than Meals Served