Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Scientific rationale for designing controlled drug delivery systems
2. Design and fabrication of Peroral controlled-release delivery systems
3. Design and fabrication of Parenteral drug delivery
4. Design and fabrication of Transdermal/skin drug delivery system
5. Design and fabrication of Brain targeted drug delivery
6. Approaches to development of Implantable therapeutic systems
7. Levels of Drug targeting
8. Current developments in excipient science: Implication of quantitative selection of each excipient in product development.
9. Fundamentals of diffusion and dissolution: Dissolution testing of Pharmaceuticals
10. Overview of different carrier systems for advanced drug delivery
11. Cutaneous and transdermal drug delivery: Techniques and Delivery systems
12. Design and evaluation of ophthalmic delivery formulations
13. Strategies for pulmonary delivery of drugs
14. Protein/peptide drug delivery systems: Practical considerations in Pharmaceutical Product Development
15. Regulatory Assessment of controlled release products
16. Specialized tablets: Formulation, evaluation and application
17. Coating technologies in Pharmaceutical Product Development
18. Liquid and poly-disperse systems: Advances in emulsion and suspension technology
19. Sterile products and admixtures
20. Aerosols in Pharmaceutical Product Development
21. Quality control and testing evaluation of pharmaceutical aerosols.
Drug Delivery Systems examines the current state of the field within pharmaceutical science and concisely explains the history of drug delivery systems, including key developments. The book translates the physicochemical properties of drugs into drug delivery systems administered via various routes, such as oral, parenteral, transdermal and inhalational. Regulatory and product development topics are also explored. Written by experts in the field, this volume in the Advances in Pharmaceutical Product Development and Research series deepens our understanding of drug delivery systems within the pharmaceutical sciences industry and research, as well as in chemical engineering.
Each chapter delves into a particular aspect of this fundamental field to cover the principles, methodologies and technologies employed by pharmaceutical scientists. This book provides a comprehensive examination that is suitable for researchers and advanced students working in pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, biotechnologies, and related industries.
- Provides up-to-date information on how to translate the physicochemical properties of drugs into drug delivery systems
- Explores how drugs are administered via various routes, such as oral, parenteral, transdermal and inhalational
- Contains extensive references and further reading for course and self-study
Researchers and advanced students in Pharmaceutical Science, Bioengineering, Pharmacology, Drug Development and Chemical Engineering
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 22nd October 2019
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr Rakesh K Tekade, Assistant Professor of the Department of Pharmaceutics, investigates the design, development and characterization of targeted nanotechnology based formulations for the site specific delivery of therapeutic drugs, siRNA, microRNA, plasmids, proteins and peptide for the treatment of cancer. His current research encompasses development of novel polymeric nanomaterial for effective cytosolic delivery of anticancer bioactives. Dr Tekade’s research is focused on designing a new generation of nanoparticles, which could identify the cancer cells and selectively deliver anticancer drugs and genes to inhibit the growth of cancer while sparing healthy tissues. His research work involves the applications of polymer chemistry, nanotechnology, molecular biology, pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics and imaging techniques. Dr Tekade has also investigated the anticancer activity and molecular mechanism of several compounds and nanoformulations against cancer cell lines. Dr Tekade has over 70 publications, 01 patent, 7 book chapters, and 3 editorial articles. He has delivered several invited research talks and presented research finding in more than 30 scientific conferences.
Assistant Professor, Department of Pharmaceutics, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.