Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Drug Delivery Aspects: Expectations and Realities of Multifunctional Drug Delivery Systems examines the fabrication, optimization, and scale-up of nano and micro carriers. Various aspects like conversion of micro-nano particles into solid dosage form, large scale industry manufacturing challenges of nanocarriers, regulatory considerations on drug device combinations are featured in this volume. Written by a diverse range of international researchers from industry and academia, the chapters examine specific aspects of characterization and manufacturing for pharmaceutical applications as well as regulatory and policy aspects. The Multifunctional Drug Delivery Systems books provide a platform to discuss opportunities and challenges in development of micro-nanomedicine and other drug delivery systems, review industrial manufacturing challenges, discuss current and future market trends, facilitate the insight sharing within various expertise area, and establish collaborations between academic scientists, industrial and clinical researchers.
This book connects formulation scientists, regulatory experts, engineers, clinical experts and regulatory stake holders. The wide scope of the book ensures it is a valuable reference resource for researchers in both academia and the pharmaceutical industry who want to learn more about the status of drug delivery systems.
- Encompasses engineering aspects of nanocarriers
- Considers preclinical, regulatory and ethical guidelines on drug delivery
- Contains in-depth investigation of specific aspects of drug delivery systems
Pharmaceutical Scientists in academia and industry; pharmacologists; regulatory experts; bioengineers
- The versatility of hyaluronic acid nanoparticles for drug delivery purposes
3. NP to oral solid dosage form
4. Coating in conversion of Nanoemulsions to solid dosage form
5. Milling techniques-engineering aspect
6. Role of polymers and excipients in the design and development of amorphous solid dispersions
7. Biologics: Drug Delivery options and challenges or drug delivery options for biopharmaceuticals
8. Regulatory Considerations for Drug-Device Combination Products in the EU and the US
9. Practical Considerations in Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient Design and Development
10. Sterile processing of pharmaceutical dosage forms: current and future considerations
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 10th April 2020
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Ranjita Shegokar holds a PhD degree in Pharmaceutical Technology from the SNDT University, India, and has been postdoctoral researcher in the Department of Pharmaceutics, Biopharmaceutics and NutriCosmetics at Free University of Berlin, Germany. Since last 8 years she is working in the pharmaceutical industry in various technical/R&D roles. Currently, she serves as Director of Pharma Business Unit at Capnomed GmbH, Germany. She has authored many research articles, book chapters, and presented several research papers in conferences. She has filed multiple patent application in area of drug delivery and drug targeting. She received several national and international awards for her research. Her areas of interest include polymeric nanoparticles, nanocrystals, lipid nanoparticles (SLNs/NLCs), nanoemulsions and role of excipients in delivery systems.
Director, Pharma Business Unit, Capnomed GmbH, Germany