DOSAGE CALCULATIONS IN SI UNITS, is a reference for nursing students and practitioners who want individual, self-paced instruction on calculations using SI units, involving all common dosage forms. The user is guided through a series of ten conceptual modules, ranging from simple fractions and decimals to more complex formulas such as dosage calculations for oral and intravenous medications. A special module for calculating pediatric and geriatric dosages has been added to this edition and is accompanied by a testing CD-ROM.
- Arithmetic of Whole Numbers, Fractions, and Decimal Numbers
- Ratio and Proportion
- Systems of Measurement
- Medication Orders and Dosage Forms
- Calculation of Oral Medication Routes
- Calculation of Parenteral Medication Doses
- Intravenous Administration
- Drug Dosage Protocols and Special Procedures
- Calculations of Dosages for Pediatric and Geriatric Patients
- Calculations for Critical Care
Appendix A: Approximate Equivalents between Systems of Measurement
Appendix B: Temperature Conversions
Appendix C: Brand Names in Canada, Australia, and the United States
Appendix D: Problem-Solving Approach
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby Canada 2002
- 1st June 2002
- Mosby Canada
- Hardcover ISBN:
Educational Consultant for the community portfolio for Calgary Regional Health Authority
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.