Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Appropriate for a wide range of disciplines, from biology to non-biology, law and nursing majors, DNA and Biotechnology uses a straightforward and comprehensive writing style that gives the educated layperson a survey of DNA by presenting a brief history of genetics, a clear outline of techniques that are in use, and highlights of breakthroughs in hot topic scientific discoveries.
- Engaging and straightforward scientific writing style
- Comprehensive forensics chapter
- Parallel Pedagogic material designed to help both readers and teachers
- Highlights in the latest scientific discoveries
- Outstanding full-color illustration that walk reader through complex concepts
Introductory courses for students looking for careers in molecular biology, biotechnology, microbiology, genetics, nursing and other applied life science; teachers and interested lay persons
1. The roots of DNA Research
2. The Double Helix
3. DNA in Action
4. Tools of the DNA Trade
5. Working with DNA
6. Human Genomics
8. DNA in Froensics
9. Exploring Cell Fate
10. Genetic Diseases
11. Gene Therapy
12. Stem Cell Research
13. Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
14. Animal Biotechnology
15. Agricultural Biotechnology
16. Genes and Race
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2010
- 26th October 2009
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.