Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Difference equations in economics
2. Scalar linear difference equations
3. One-dimensional dynamical economic systems
4. Time-dependent solutions of scalar systems
5. Economic bifurcations and chaos
6. Higher dimensional difference equations
7. Higher dimensional economic dynamics
This book is a unique blend of difference equations theory and its exciting applications to economics. It deals with not only theory of linear (and linearized) difference equations, but also nonlinear dynamical systems which have been widely applied to economic analysis in recent years. It studies most important concepts and theorems in difference equations theory in a way that can be understood by anyone who has basic knowledge of calculus and linear algebra. It contains well-known applications and many recent developments in different fields of economics. The book also simulates many models to illustrate paths of economic dynamics.
- A unique book concentrated on theory of discrete dynamical systems and its traditional as well as advanced applications to economics
- Mathematical definitions and theorems are introduced in a systematic and easily accessible way
- Examples are from almost all fields of economics; technically proceeding from basic to advanced topics
- Lively illustrations with numerous figures
- Numerous simulation to see paths of economic dynamics
- Comprehensive treatment of the subject with a comprehensive and easily accessible approach
Professionals and graduate students in economics, applied mathematics, researchers in social sciences with an interest in applications of difference equations to economic systems
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier Science 2006
- 5th January 2006
- Elsevier Science
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Pacific University, Japan
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.