Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Digital Twin Driven Smart Design draws on the very latest industry practice and research to establish a basis for the implementation of digital twin technology in product design. Coverage of relevant design theory and methodology, is followed by detailed discussions of key enabling technologies, which are supported by cutting edge case studies of implementation. This ground-breaking book explores how digital twin technology can bring improvements to different kinds of product design process, including functional, lean, and green. Drawing on the work of researchers at the forefront of this technology, this book is the ideal guide for any readers interested in digital manufacturing or computer aided design.
- Detailed case studies explore key applications of digital twin technology in design practice
- Introduces the concept of using digital twins to create the virtual commissioning of design projects
- Provides a framework to help engineers incorporate digital twins into their product design process
Engineers, managers, and consultants with an interest in smart design.Postgraduates and researchers with an interest in advanced engineering design and manufacture, prognostic product health and lifecycle management
- Digital Twin Driven Product Design Framework
2. Digital Twin Enhanced Functional Design
3. Digital Twin Driven Conceptual Design
4. Digital Twin Driven Lean Design
5. Digital Twin Driven Green Design
6. Digital Twin and TRIZ Enhanced Innovative Design
7. Digital Twin Driven Design Evaluation
8. Digital Twin Driven Factory Design
9. Multi-domain Modelling for Digital Twin Prototype
10. Digital Twin Driven Virtual Commissioning
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 1st May 2020
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Fei Tao is a Professor at the School of Automation Science and Electrical Engineering, Beihang University, Beijing, China. His research interests are service-oriented smart manufacturing, manufacturing service management and optimization, digital twin driven product design/manufacturing/service, green and sustainable manufacturing.
Professor, School of Automation Science and Electrical Engineering, Beihang University, China
Dr. Liu's research interests include innovative design thinking, design theory and methodology, intelligent manufacturing, technology-enhanced learning, and engineering design education. He is also a Research Affiliate of the International Academy of Production Engineering (CIRP).
Senior lecturer, School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
Dr Hu’s research interests include the modeling of machine tools, digital twins, and industrial internet of things.
Associate Professor, School of Mechanical Engineering, Shandong University, China
A.Y.C. Nee is Professor Emeritus in Manufacturing Engineering at the National University of Singapore. His research interests include the use of AI, virtual and augmented reality applications in manufacturing, sustainable product design and life cycle engineering, and computer aided manufacturing design. He is Fellow of CIRP, Fellow of SME and Fellow of the Academy of Engineering Singapore.
Professor of Manufacturing Engineering, National University of SIngapore, Singapore