Written with the radiography student in mind, Digital Radiography and PACS, 3rd Edition addresses today’s digital imaging systems, including computed radiography (CR), digital radiography (DR), and picture archiving and communications systems (PACS). This new edition incorporates the latest technical terminology and has been updated to reflect the 2017 ASRT Core Curriculum guidelines. It includes tips on acquiring, processing, and producing clear radiographic images, performing advanced image processing and manipulation functions on CR/DR workstations, storing images with PACS workstations, and a guide to quality control and management. Coauthored by radiography educators Christi Carter and Beth Veale, this text is designed to help you produce clear radiographic images and learn to provide safe archiving solutions.
- Coverage of digital imaging and PACS is provided at the right level for student radiographers and for practicing technologists transitioning to digital imaging.
- Chapter outlines, learning objectives, and key terms at the beginning of each chapter introduce the chapter content, and help you organize study and boost comprehension.
- Bulleted summaries recap the main points of each chapter, ensuring that you focus on the most important concepts.
- Review questions at the end of the chapters are linked to the chapter objectives and help you assess your understanding of the material.
Part I: Introduction
1. Introduction to Digital Radiography and PACS
Part II: Basic Principles of Digital Radiography
2. Digital Image Characteristics
3. Digital Radiographic Image Processing and Manipulation
Part III: Digital Image Acquisition
4. Photostimulable Phosphor Image Capture
5. Flat Panel Array Image Acquisition
6. CCD/ CMOS Image Capture
Part IV: PACS
7. Basic Computer Principles
8. Networking and Communication Basics
9. PACS Fundamentals
10. PACS Archiving and Peripherals
11. Medical Informatics
Part V: Quality Control and Quality Management
12. Ensuring Quality in PACS
13. Quality Acceptance Testing within Digital Projection Imaging
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2019
- 14th September 2018
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Faculty Director, Radiologic Science, Brookhaven College, TX
Associate Professor, Radiologic Sciences, Midwestern State University, TX
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.