Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
In the past four decades, information technology has altered chains of value production, distribution, and information access at a significant rate. These changes, although they have shaken up numerous economic models, have so far not radically challenged the bases of our society.
This book addresses our current progress and viewpoints on digital identity management in different fields (social networks, cloud computing, Internet of Things (IoT), with input from experts in computer science, law, economics and sociology.
Within this multidisciplinary and scientific context, having crossed analysis on the digital ID issue, it describes the different technical and legal approaches to protect digital identities with a focus on authentication systems, identity federation techniques and privacy preservation solutions. The limitations of these solutions and research issues in this field are also discussed to further understand the changes that are taking place.
- Offers a state of the discussions and work places on the management of digital identities in various contexts, such as social networking, cloud computing and the Internet of Things
- Describes the advanced technical and legal measures to protect digital identities
- Contains a strong emphasis of authentication techniques, identity federation tools and technical protection of privacy
Computer and mobile device users concerned about online privacy, Information Security professionals, security awareness trainers, regulatory professionals
- List of Acronyms
- 1. Digital Identity
- 1.1 Introduction
- 1.2 The social dimension of online self-representation
- 1.3 Socio-economic dimension
- 1.4 Technological dimension
- 1.5 Conclusions
- 2. The Management of Identity by the Federation
- 2.1 The fundamentals of the identity federation
- 2.2 The technical limitations of solutions before identity federation
- 2.3 The use value of identity federation
- 2.4 SAML 2.0 and OAuth 2.0: de facto standards of identity federation
- 2.5 Conclusion
- 3. Authentication Systems
- 3.1 Introduction
- 3.2 Principal authentication systems
- 3.3 Authentication in identity management systems
- 3.4 Conclusion
- 4. Privacy Management and Protection of Personal Data
- 4.1 Introduction
- 4.2 Risks in information technology
- 4.3 Legal elements relating to the creation, collection, use and sharing of personal data
- 4.4 Technical solutions for privacy and personal data protection
- 4.5 Research themes
- 4.6 Conclusions
- 5. Digital Identity in Cloud Computing
- 5.1 Introduction
- 5.2 Concepts of cloud computing
- 5.3 Other key characteristics of cloud computing
- 5.4 Classic solutions for digital identity management in the cloud
- 5.5 Alternative solutions for digital identity management in the cloud
- 5.6 Management of privacy and personal data in cloud computing
- 5.7 Conclusion
- List of Authors
- No. of pages:
- © ISTE Press - Elsevier 2015
- 24th March 2015
- ISTE Press - Elsevier
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Maryline Laurent is Professor in computer networking at Telecom SudParis and Head of the R3S (Network, Systems, Services, Security) research team, SAMOVAR, in Paris, France. She is cofounder of the Institut Mines-Télécom Chair Values and Policies of Personal Information
Professor of computer networks, Telecom SudParis, Co-founder and Chair, Institut Mines-Telecom values and policies of personal information
Samia Bouzefrane is Associate Professor in Computer Science at the Conservatoire National des Arts et Métiers (CNAM) in Paris,France. She is currently coordinating a French CNRS Action to promote the field of Secure Smart Objects and Internet of Things.
Master in computer science, Conservatoire National des Arts et Métiers, Paris
"...thoughtful and detailed as an oversight to the varied dimensions…a good introduction to the topics, and a good source for further thought and study." --Computing Reviews
"...a good resource for an academic introduction to the topic, and lends itself to a college level class...provides a deep introduction to the abstract areas and core topics of identity management." --RSAConference.com
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.