Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
This excellent, in-depth review of diamond films and coatings covers their properties, growth, deposition, characterization, and applications. The eight chapters are written by experts in their field. Early studies on synthetic diamonds were done in the 1950s and 1960s, however, their use and importance were not recognized until the late 1970s and early 1980s. These coatings are now being used in high temperature and tribological applications, optics and electro-optics applications, and certainly biological applications.
High temperature and tribological applications, optics and electro-optics applications, and certainly biological applications.
- Diamond Properties and Applications 1.0 The Crystalline Structure of Diamond 2.0 Mechanical and Elastic Properties of Diamond 3.0 Optical Properties of Diamond 4.0 Electrical Properties of Diamond 5.0 High Temperature and Tribological Applications of Diamond 6.0 Optical Applications of Diamond 7.0 Electro-Optic and Related Applications 8.0 Biological Applications References
- Synthesis of Bulk Diamond: History and Present Status 1.0 Introduction 2.0 The Early History of Diamond Synthesis 3.0 The High Pressure Growth of Diamond 4.0 Other Bulk Diamond Synthesis Processes 5.0 The Present Status of High Pressure Diamond Growth References
- Chemical Mechanismus of Diamond CVD 1.0 Introduction 2.0 Nucleation 3.0 Growth References
- Technology of Vapor Phase Growth of Diamond Films 1.0 Introduction 2.0 General Conditions for Diamond Film Deposition 3.0 Pyrolysis Methods 4.0 Heated Filament Method 5.0 Plasma Enhanced Chemical Vapor Deposition 6.0 Other Methods of Diamond Deposition 7.0 Comparison of Deposition Technologies 8.0 Recommendations and Predictions References
- Diamond as a Wear-Resistant Coating 1.0 Introduction 2.0 Deposition and Applications of Wear-Resistant Materials 3.0 Potential Products and Industrial Applications 4.0 Problems Related to the Fabrication and Adhesion of Low-Pressure Diamond Products 5.0 Technical and Economical Problems Linked with Synthesis Methods, Industrial Production Units and Fabrication 6.0 Market Potentials and Future Prospects 7.0 Conclusions and Outlook References
- Characterization of Diamond Films 1.0 Introduction 2.0 Vibrational Spectroscopies 3.0 Electron Spectroscopies 4.0 Electron Microscopies 5.0 Diffraction Techniques 6.0 Other Analytical Techniques 7.0 Summary References
- Non-Electronic Applications of Diamond Films 1.0 Introduction 2.0 Goals of Applied CVD Diamond Research 3.0 Research Approaches for Diamond Property Enhancement 4.0 Future Non-Electronic Diamond Applications References
- Electronic Applications of Diamond Films and Coatings 1.0 Introduction 2.0 Doping 3.0 Contacts 4.0 Etching of Diamond 5.0 Diamond SiO2 Interface 6.0 Device Structures 7.0 Conclusions References Index
- No. of pages:
- © William Andrew 1993
- 31st December 1993
- William Andrew
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
North Carolina State University, USA
North Carolina State University, USA
"an excellent review of diamond films and coatingsàWell illustrated, containing many useful references." - IEEE
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.