PART 1: OVERVIEW GROSS AND MICROSCOPIC CHANGES
SECTION I: UMBILICAL CORD
Gross Evaluation and Normal Histology of Umbilical Cord
Umbilical Cord Edema and Thinning
Histopathologic Changes of Umbilical Cord
SECTION II: EXTRAPLACENTAL MEMBRANES
Gross Evaluation and Normal Histology of Membranes
Histopathologic Changes of Membranes
SECTION III: CHORIONIC PLATE
Gross Appearance and Normal Histology of Chorionic Plate
Histopathologic Changes of Chorionic Plate
SECTION IV: STEM VILLI
Gross Appearance and Normal Histology of Stem Villi
Histopathologic Changes of Stem Villi
SECTION V: CHORIONIC VILLI
Gross Appearance and Normal Histology of Chorionic Villi
Histopathologic Changes of Chorionic Villi
SECTION VI: DECIDUA
Gross Appearance and Normal Histology of Decidua
Histopathologic Changes of Decidua
PART 2: DIAGNOSES
Hydropic Degeneration and Hydatidiform Mole
Choriocarcinoma Placental Site Nodule and Exaggerated Placental Site
Placental Site Trophoblastic Tumor and Epithelioid Trophoblastic Tumor
SECTION I: MECONIUM
SECTION II: AMNIOTIC FLUID INFECTION SEQUENCE
Amniotic Fluid Infection Sequence (Maternal and Fetal Inflammatory Response)
Group B Streptococcus
Other Bacterial and Mycobacterial Species
SECTION III: VILLITIS ASSOCIATED WITH SPECIFIC INFECTIONS
Herpes Simplex Virus
SECTION IV: CHRONIC VILLITIS OF UNKNOWN ETIOLOGY
Diagnostic Pathology: Placenta is designed not only for practicing pathologists and pathologists-in-training, but for anyone interested in fields related to placental pathology. Comprehensive yet easily accessible, this medical reference book provides clear and concise information on topics including gross and microscopic changes of the placenta, common diagnoses, and placental evaluation in special circumstances.
- Approaches placental pathology from multiple lenses , including basic gross and microscopic changes; showcases diagnoses with important clinical correlations; and explains key features of the exam in specific obstetric scenarios, such as growth restriction, preeclampsia, or multiple gestations.
- Essential information is distilled into a succinct, bulleted format with numerous high-quality images to facilitate learning.
- Provides necessary reference charts and sample templates for gross and microscopic evaluation.
- Highlights recent critical diagnoses in placental pathology, such as fetal thrombotic vasculopathy or placental maturation defect.
- Provides unmatched coverage of congenital infections and the pathological examination of the cesarean and post-partum hysterectomy specimen.
- Includes correlations and illustrations of relevant fetal organ pathology for diagnosis in cases of fetal or neonatal demise.
- Comes with Amirsys eBook Advantage™, an eBook featuring expanded content, additional images, and fully searchable text.
- No. of pages:
- © AMIRSYS 2015
- 1st July 2014
- Hardcover ISBN:
Staff Pathologist, Cleveland Clinic Institute of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio
Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Women and Infants Hospital, Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island
Professor of Pathology and Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children’s Hospital Pavilion for Women, Houston, Texas