Diagnostic Immunohistochemistry presents the latest information and most reliable guidance on immunohistological diagnoses in surgical pathology. David J. Dabbs, MD and other leading experts bring you state-of-the-art coverage on genomic and theranostic applications, molecular anatomic pathology, immunocytology, Non-Hodgkins lymphoma, and more. Additional features such as tables discussing antibody specifications, differential diagnosis boxes, ancillary anatomic molecular diagnostics, and full-color histological images ensure user-friendly coverage that makes key information easy to find and apply. The fully searchable text is also available online at expertconsult.com, along with a downloadable image bank and access to Path Consult. This concise and complete resource is todays indispensable guide to the effective use of immunohistochemical diagnosis.
"A newly updated book that our laboratory staff have found very useful in our day to day work." Reviewed by: Pathlab.org, Sept 14
"…I would recommend as a ‘must have’ for every pathology department." Reviewed by The Bulletin of The Royal College of Pathologists, Jan 2015
- Discusses diagnostic pitfalls through immunohistologic differential diagnosis wherever appropriate so you can provide the most accurate diagnoses.
- Presents chapters arranged by organ system for comprehensive coverage of all relevant information in a convenient and intuitive organization.
- Provides quick reference graphs for antibodies throughout the text that illustrate the frequency of immunostaining for a variety of antibodies in tumors.
- Includes Key Diagnostic Points boxes in every chapter for a quick summary of text areas that are of particular importance.
- Features an expert author for each chapter to ensure coverage of the current state of the art.
1. Techniques of Immunohistochemistry: Principles, Pitfalls and Standardization
2. Molecular Anatomic Pathology: Principles, Technique and Application to Immunohistologic Diagnosis
3. Immunohistology of Infectious Diseases
4. Immunohistology of Neoplasms of Soft Tissue and Bone
5. Immunohistology of Hodgkin Lymphoma
6. Immunohistology of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
7. Immunohistology of Melanocytic Neoplasms
8. Immunohistology of Metastatic Carcinoma of Unknown Primary Site
9. Immunohistology of Head and Neck Lesions
10. Immunohistology of Endocrine Tumors
11. Immunohistology of the Mediastinum
12. Immunohistology of Lung and Pleural Neoplasms
13. Immunohistology of Skin Tumors
14. Immunohistology of the Gastrointestinal Tract
15. Immunohistology of the Pancreas and Hepatobiliary Tract
16. Immunohistology of the Prostate
17. Immunohistology of the Urinary Bladder, Kidney, and Testis
18. Immunohistology of the Female Genital Tract
19. Immunohistology of the Breast
20. Immunohistology of the Nervous System
22. Immunohistology of Pediatric Neoplasms
23. Imaging and Quantitative Immunohistochemistry
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2014
- 19th November 2013
- eBook ISBN:
Professor and Chief of Pathology, Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA