The New Edition of this popular text features world-renowned experts who offer the most current information and reliable guidance on immunohistochemical diagnoses in surgical pathology and cytopathology. The book is organized in a consistent format of organ systems, specifically designed to target diagnostic dilemmas in surgical pathology. Each chapter features an introduction and a systematic approach to the diagnostic entities of that organ system. Readers will also find easy-to-understand diagnostic algorithms and "immunohistograms" that depict immunostaining patterns of tumors, as well as charts, tables, and high-quality color histologic images that assist in making a definitive diagnosis.
- Consistently organized chapters offer an introduction to the subject · a discussion of the biology of the relevant antigens and antibodies · a literature review · and numerous diagnostic algorithms and immunohistograms.
- Provides all the information readers need on a specific topic and eliminates the need to reference multiple areas of the text.
- Includes quick- reference boxes at the end of each section that summarize the most important diagnostic points.
- Provides separate method sections for diagnostic surgical pathology and immunocytology supply reference materials for the performance of diagnostic immunohistochemical tests.
- Features color photographs and illustrations that highlight key diagnostic points.
- Techniques of Immunohistochemistry: Principles, Pitfalls, and Standardization
2. Immunohistology of Infectious Diseases
3. Immunohistology of Soft Tissue and Osseous Neoplasms
4. Immunohistology of Hodgkin Lymphoma
5. Immunohistology of Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma
6. Immunohistology of Melanocytic Neoplasms
7. Immunohistology of Metastatic Carcinomas of Unknown Primary
8. Immunohistology of Head and Neck Neoplasms
9. Immunohistology of Endocrine Tumors
10. Immunohistology of the Mediastinum
11. Immunohistology of the Lung and Pleural Neoplasms
12. Immunohistology of Skin Tumors
13. Immunohistology of the Gastrointestinal Tract, Pancreas, Bile Ducts, Gallbladder and Liver
14. Immunohistology of the Prostate, Bladder, Testis and Kidney
15. Immunohistology of Pediatric Neoplasms
16. Immunohistology of the Female Genital Tract
17. Immunohistology of the Breast
18. Immunohistology of the Nervous System
- No. of pages:
- © Churchill Livingstone 2006
- 31st January 2006
- Churchill Livingstone
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr Dabbs has twenty years of experience in the surgical pathology of solid tumors, with additional subspecialty-focused interest in the study of tumors of unknown origin, breast carcinoma, gynecologic pathology and tumor cytopathology. He served as Member of Medical & Scientific Advisory Board of US LABS, Inc. He offers national workshops in breast pathology and immunohistochemistry and has presented more than 100 papers in peer-reviewed journals and at national meetings
Professor of Pathology, University of Hawaii, John A Burns School of Medicine
"The second edition of this highly acclaimed book easily retains its position as the most comprehensive and up-to-date reference volume on the subject. The style of the book makes navigation easy: each chapter deals with diagnostic entities and their differential diagnoses by detailed immunohistochemical profiles using text, diagrams and tables. Abundant text boxes summarise key diagnostic features. Algorithms are frequently used that aid in selecting antibody panels and may actually reduce wastage of resources. The technical aspects are comprehensively dealt with in the first chapter as well as throughout the book where details such antibody sources, dilutions and methods of antigen retrieval are indicated. The book is well produced, with each chapter bearing a distinct colourheader, and the quality of colour photomicrographs is excellent. I have no doubt that it deserves a prominent place on every histopathologist’s shelf." BMA Awards 2007