- Understand the rationale and scientific evidence behind discogenic pain relief techniques and master their execution.
- Optimize outcomes, reduce complications, and minimize risks by adhering to current, evidence-based practice guidelines for treating discogenic pain, when to recommend interventional procedures, how to perform them safely, and how to manage chronic back pain in the long term.
- Apply the newest techniques in discography, radiofrequency and heat procedures, disc fusion, nucleus replacement, and interventions for disc herniation.
- See how it’s done through step-by-step procedural videos on Expert Consult .
- Quickly find the information you need in a user-friendly format with strictly templated chapters supplemented with illustrative line drawings, images, and treatment algorithms.
- Access the fully searchable contents and bonus full-length videos of lumbar discography, biacuplasty, and MILD procedures at expertconsult.com.
Chapter 1: Epidemiology and Etiology of Discogenic Pain: How Big is the Problem?
Chapter 2: Establishing the Diagnosis of Discogenic Back Pain: An Evidence-Based Algorithmic Approach
Chapter 3: Imaging for Discogenic Pain
Chapter 4: Provocation Discography
Chapter 5: Analgesic Discography
Chapter 6: Discogenic Pain: Intradiscal Therapeutic Injections and Use of Intradiscal Biologic Agents
Chapter 7: Radiofrequency and Other Heat Applications for the Treatment of Discogenic Pain
Chapter 8: Arthrodesis and Fusion for the Treatment of Discogenic Neck and Back Pain: Evidence Based Effectiveness and Controversies
Chapter 9: Nucleus Pulposus Replacement and Motion Sparing Technologies
Chapter 10: Cervical & Thoracic Discogenic Pain: Therapeutic Non-surgical Options
Chapter 11: Disc Herniations: Injections and Minimally Invasive Techniques
Chapter 12: Current Surgical Options for Intervertebral Disc Herniation in the Cervical and Lumbar Spine
Chapter 13: Neuromodulation and Intrathecal Therapies for the Treatment Chronic
Radiculopathy Related with Intractable Discogenic Pain