Diabetes in Cardiovascular Disease is a current, expert resource focusing on the complex challenges of providing cardiovascular care to patients with diabetes. Designed as a companion to Braunwald’s Heart Disease, this interdisciplinary medical reference book bridges the gap between the cardiology and endocrinology communities of scientists and care providers, and highlights the emerging scientific and clinical topics that are relevant for cardiologists, diabetologists/endocrinologists, and the extended diabetes care team.
- Access essential coverage of basic and clinical sciences , complemented by an expanded focus on epidemiology, behavioral sciences, health policy, and disparities in health care.
- Take advantage of a format that follows that of the well-known and internationally recognized Braunwald’s Heart Disease.
- Review the best available clinical data and pragmatic recommendations for the prevention and management of cardiovascular complications of diabetes; national/societal intervention strategies to curb the growing prevalence of diabetes; and the current pathophysiological understanding of cardiovascular comorbidities in patients with diabetes.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase.
Section 1 Diabetes Mellitus
1. Definition and Epidemiology of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
2. Insulin Resistance: Pathophysiology, Molecular Mechanisms, Genetic Insights
3. Type 1 Diabetes: Pathophysiology, Molecular Mechanisms, Genetic Insights
4. The Metabolic Syndrome: Prevalence and Controversies in Clinical Context
5. Lifestyle Interventions for the Prevention of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
6. Pharmacologic and Surgical Interventions That Prevent or Worsen Type 2 Diabetes
Section 2 Diabetes and Atherosclerosis
7. Epidemiology of Coronary and Peripheral Atherosclerosis in Diabetes
8. Pathology of Diabetic Atherosclerosis: Composition, Characteristics, and Distribution
9. Vascular Biology of Atherosclerosis in Patients with Diabetes: Hyperglycemia, Insulin Resistance, and Hyperinsulinemia
10. Vascular Biology of Atherosclerosis in Patients with Diabetes: Inflammation, Dyslipidemia, Hypercoagulability, Endothelial Dysfunction, and Inflammation
11. Type 1 Diabetes and Associated Cardiovascular Risk and Disease
Section 3 Management of Coronary Heart Disease Risk and Disease in Patients with Diabetes
12. Effect of Lifestyle Interventions on Coronary Heart Disease Risk in Patients with Diabetes
13. Effect of Glucose Management on Coronary Heart Disease Risk in Patients with Diabetes
14. Effect of Blood Pressure Management on Coronary Heart Disease Risk in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes
15. Effect of Lipid Management on Coronary Heart Disease Risk in Patients with Diabetes
16. Effect of Antiplatelet Therapy on Coronary Heart Disease Risk in Patients with Diabetes Mellitus
17. Role of Percutaneous Coronary Intervention in Patients with Diabetes
18. Role of Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery in Diabetes and Perioperative Glucose M
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2015
- 17th October 2014
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN: