Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Development and Application of Classical Capillary Curve Theory shows readers how to improve chemical flooding recovery procedures in enhanced oil recovery (EOR) using sophisticated numerical modeling techniques for oil displacement that build on, and enhance, the accepted capillary curve in a novel way. The title presents research and technical data that amends the classical capillary curve, giving new impetus to chemical flooding research. By analyzing the capillary number experiment QL, the book models oil and water distribution in the micro-space of the reservoir core.
Finally, the book discusses chemical flooding software, reservoir geological modeling, field tests, and a new technique of digital oil displacement testing being developed.
- Describes how to improve chemical flooding recovery procedures using sophisticated numerical modeling techniques for oil displacement that build on, and enhance, accepted capillary curve theory
- Presents the role of the capillary number experiment curve QL on oil-water distribution in the microscopic core of a reservoir
- Details novel digital techniques for oil displacement testing and modeling with global applicability in enhanced oil recovery (EOR)
- Gives information on chemical flooding software, reservoir geological modeling and field testing
- Provides advanced digital modeling techniques alongside insights gained through many years of practical experience in Chinese oilfields
Petroleum scientists/engineers; researchers in enhanced oil recovery (EOR); graduate level petroleum engineering students; oilfield development scientists; researchers in reservoir physics
2. Digital Research on Field Experiment of Combination Flooding
3. Research on Laboratory Combination Flooding Experiment Digitization
4. Construction of Microscopic Oil-water Distribution Model of Experimental
5. Research on the Capillary number experiment curve and relative permeability curve
6. Application of the Microscopic Oil-water Distribution Model in the Digital Displacement Research
7. Further Study on Digital Field Experiment of Combination Flooding
- No. of pages:
- © Gulf Professional Publishing 2021
- 25th October 2020
- Gulf Professional Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Qi Lianqing is a chemical flooding expert for the China National Offshore Oil Company’s (CNOOC) EnerTech-Drilling and Production Company in Tianjin, China. He has led a research and development team on chemical flooding and enhanced oil recovery (EOR) for fifteen years, leading numerous projects. He graduated from Dalian University of Technology, going on to work at the Daqing Oilfield. He has published a number of monographs and papers on chemical flooding.
China National Offshore Oil Company’s (CNOOC) EnerTech-Drilling and Production Company, Tianjin, China
Senior reservoir engineer, graduated from Northeast Petroleum University in 2004 with a bachelor degree and mainly engaged in reservoir engineering scheme design, reservoir numerical simulation, and tertiary oil recovery technology research work.
Senior reservoir engineer, CNOOC, Beijing, China
Graduated from Xinjiang chemistry institute of Chinese academy of sciences in 1997 with a master's degree in organic chemistry, and China Petroleum University (Beijing) in 2007 with a Doctor degree in chemical engineering. Now he works in Xinjiang oilfield company of China national petroleum corporation. He have been engaged in the research of enhanced oil recovery technology for a long time, especially good at the research of chemical flooding formula design. He has participated in the research of cheap formula of chemical flooding and composite flooding technology of conglomerate reservoir in xinjiang
Researcher, Xinjiang oilfield, China National Petroleum Corporation, China
Graduated from Heilongjiang University in 1967, and 1973 to the Research Institute of Petroleum and Exploration, Daqing Oilfield. He has been engaged in Petroleum Science and Technology Intelligence Translation work both oral and written translation. Several main translation achievements, twice to France in 1985 to attend “Improve Oil Recovery Methods Selection Scheme” in the research work, several times went to the United States to Improve Oil Recovery Scheme Review during 1986-1987; Attended many International Petroleum Conferences, SPE Conferences, etc., as an interpreter. In 2012, he won the title of senior translator of China Translation Association
Translator, China Translation Association, China
Senior reservoir engineer, graduated from China Petroleum University (Beijing) in 2002 with a master's degree and mainly engaged in reservoir engineering scheme design, tertiary oil recovery technology research work.
Senior reservoir engineer, CNOOC, Beijing, China
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.