Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Developing New Functional Food and Nutraceutical Products provides critical information from conceptualization of new products to marketing, aiming to present a solid understanding of the entire process through detailed coverage of key concepts, namely innovation, regulation, manufacturing, quality control, and marketing.
Chapters provide insights into market and competitive analysis, product design and development, intellectual property, ingredient sourcing, cost control, and sales and marketing strategies.
- Examines key considerations in product development
- Provides a streamlined approach for product development
- Addresses manufacturing and quality control challenges
- Includes key lessons for a successful product launch and effective marketing
Food scientists, nutrition researchers in industry and academia; product developers, managers, and marketers
- An Overview on Company Goal and Objectives of Nutraceutical and Functional Food Industries
- Growth Pattern & Emerging Opportunities in Nutraceutical and Functional Food Industries: Market Analysis
- Food Marketing Trends: The Consumer as Partner in Food Safety
- Vision of the Marketing and Innovation Team on New Product Development
- Conceptualization of New Products & Market Analysis
- Controversy Surrounding Functional Ingredients as Exemplified by Nutraceuticals and the Risk of Prostate Cancer
- Intellectual Property Considerations
- Formulations and Challenges: A Special Emphasis on Stability and Safety Evaluations
- Raw Material Sourcing and Supply Chain Management
- An Overview on Product Labeling Information on Nutraceuticals and Functional Foods
- Genetically Modified Products and GMO Foods
- Messaging Bread: Health, Pleasure, Mind Genomes and Cognitive Economics
- Key Players in New Product Development Team and Mode of Action
- Exploration on New Product Development Ideas, Literature Review, Feasibility and Validation
- Production Evaluation: Preliminary Safety & Efficacy Studies
- Cost-Benefit Analysis and Profitability
- New Product Development: Short & Long-Term Goals
- Globesity Alert: The Botanicals Resourcing
- Regulatory Constraints on New Product Development and Approval Procedures in the United States
- Requirements of Safety and Toxicological Evaluation, NDI (New Dietary Ingredient) and GRAS (Generally Recognized as Safe) Status on Nutraceuticals & Functional Foods
- European Regulations on Food Supplements, Fortified Foods, Dietetic Foods and Health Claims
- Health Foods and Foods with Health Claims in the Asian Subcontinent
- Strategize the Research Investigations: Pre-Clinical and Clinical Evaluations
- Nutraceuticals and Functional Foods: Functional Significance and Global Regulations
- Nutraceutical Innovation and Health Claims in China
- Global Regulatory Vision and Potential Marketing Opportunities
- Medical Foods and US Regulations
- Raw Materials Analysis and Quality Control
- Process Optimization, Manufacturing and Standardization
- Comparative and Competitive Analysis in the Marketplace
- Product Positioning, Branding and Trademark
- Marketing Challenges and Strategies
- Product Storage, Life Cycles and Expiration Date
- Packaging, Labelling and Shipping
- Strategies on Product Recall and Adverse Event Reporting
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2017
- 29th September 2016
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Debasis Bagchi, PhD, MACN, CNS, MAIChE, received his Ph.D. in Medicinal Chemistry in 1982. He is a Professor in the Department of Pharmacological and Pharmaceutical Sciences at the University of Houston College of Pharmacy, Houston, TX, and Chief Scientific Officer at Cepham Research Center, Piscataway, NJ, Adjunct Faculty in Texas Southern University, Houston, TX. He served as the Senior Vice President of Research & Development of InterHealth Nutraceuticals Inc, Benicia, CA, from 1998 until Feb 2011, and then as Director of Innovation and Clinical Affairs, of Iovate Health Sciences, Oakville, ON, until June 2013. Dr. Bagchi received the Master of American College of Nutrition Award in October 2010. He is the Past Chairman of International Society of Nutraceuticals and Functional Foods (ISNFF), Past President of American College of Nutrition, Clearwater, FL, and Past Chair of the Nutraceuticals and Functional Foods Division of Institute of Food Technologists (IFT), Chicago, IL. He is serving as a Distinguished Advisor on the Japanese Institute for Health Food Standards (JIHFS), Tokyo, Japan. Dr. Bagchi is a Member of the Study Section and Peer Review Committee of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Bethesda, MD. He has published 321 papers in peer reviewed journals, 30 books, and 18 patents. Dr. Bagchi is also a Member of the Society of Toxicology, Member of the New York Academy of Sciences, Fellow of the Nutrition Research Academy, and Member of the TCE stakeholder Committee of the Wright Patterson Air Force Base, OH. He is also Associate Editor for the Journal of Functional Foods, Journal of the American College of Nutrition, and the Archives of Medical and Biomedical Research, and is also serving as Editorial Board Member of numerous peer reviewed journals, including Antioxidants & Redox Signaling, Cancer Letters, Toxicology Mechanisms and Methods, and The Original Internist, among others.
University of Houston College of Pharmacy, TX, USA
Dr. Sreejayan Nair is a Professor of Pharmacology and the Associate Dean for Research in the School of Pharmacy, College of Health Sciences, University of Wyoming. He also serves as the Director of the interdisciplinary Biomedical Sciences Graduate Program in the University of Wyoming. Dr. Nair earned his bachelors, masters and PhD degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences from the College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal, India. He received his post-doctoral trainings at the Department of Medicine-II, Ludwig Maximillians University, Klinikum Grosshadern, Munich, Germany, and at the Department of Physiology, University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center, Memphis, TN. His research interests are diabetes and cardiovascular disease. He has published over 75 research papers in peer-reviewed journals and presented at various national and international conferences. His research has been funded by the American Heart Association, American Diabetes Association, and the National Institutes of Health. He has co-edited three books related to diabetes and cardiovascular disease. He is a Fellow of the American College of Nutrition.
School of Pharmacy, University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.