Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Introduction to AM
2. AM production economics
3. Digital design for AM
4. Detail DFAM
5. Design of lattice and zero-mean curvature structures
6. Topology optimization for AM
7. Generative design
8. Material extrusion
9. Material jetting
10. Vat polymerization
11. Powder bed fusion
12. Directed Energy deposition
13. Binder jetting
Design for Additive Manufacturing is a complete guide to design tools for the manufacturing requirements of AM and how they can enable the optimization of process and product parameters for the reduction of manufacturing costs and effort. This timely synopsis of state-of-the-art design tools for AM brings the reader right up-to-date on the latest methods from both academia and industry. Tools for both metallic and polymeric AM technologies are presented and critically reviewed, along with their manufacturing attributes. Commercial applications of AM are also explained with case studies from a range of industries, thus demonstrating best-practice in AM design.
- Covers all the commonly used tools for designing for additive manufacturing, as well as descriptions of important emerging technologies
- Provides systematic methods for optimizing AM process selection for specific production requirement
- Addresses design tools for both metallic and polymeric AM technologies
- Includes commercially relevant case studies that showcase best-practice in AM design, including the biomedical, aerospace, defense and automotive sectors
Design engineers in industries such as manufacturing, aerospace, automotive, biomedical, and defence with an interest in additive manufacturing. Postgraduates and researchers in engineering and materials science who need to use AM technologies
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2020
- 4th December 2019
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Martin Leary is an Associate Professor at the School of Engineering, RMIT University, Australia. His research interests include engineering design, and system approaches and optimization. He is also the Medical Manufacturing Group Leader at RMIT, a member of the RMIT Centre for Additive Manufacturing (CAM), and co-editor of the International Conference on Sustainable Automotive Technologies.
Associate Professor, School of Engineering, RMIT University, Australia
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.