- Basic principles
- Special topics in dermatology
Dermatology: An Illustrated Colour Text is an ideal resource for today’s medical student, hospital resident, specialty registrar in dermatology or internal medicine, specialist nurse or family doctor. It presents the subject as a series of two page ‘learning units’, each covering important aspects of clinical dermatology.
These units use an unsurpassed collection of colour clinical photographs of all major dermatological conditions, concise yet comprehensive text and Key Point boxes to aid quick access to information and examination preparation. They incorporate summaries of the essential skin biology and associated basic sciences that underpin clinical practice, as well as advice on established and emerging dermatological treatments. Guidance is also given to dermatological emergencies, and to the most useful online resources for updates and further reference.
Building on previous success, this seventh edition has been fully revised throughout. The accompanying interactive eBook version completes this superb learning package.
- New and enhanced coverage of key and emerging areas – including biologic therapies, dermoscopy, skin surgery, cosmetic surgery, skin cancer, pigmented skin, male and female genital dermatoses, lymphomas of the skin, paediatric dermatology, psychodermatology, rosacea, benign skin tumours, immunological tests, molecular genetics, connective tissue diseases of the skin and skin procedures
- New line drawings and photographs incorporated throughout to further improve clarity and ensure comprehensive visual coverage of important dermatological conditions
- (Printed book) Includes downloadable eBook version with bonus material – incorporating self-test flashcards and multiple
- Information is presented in easy to access double-page spreads.
- Highly illustrated with over 400 colour photographs and drawings.
- Summary boxes are included for revision purposes.
- Covers the subject from basic molecular mechanisms through to the principles of medical and surgical treatment
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2021
- 13th November 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor Emeritus in Dermatology, University of Sheffield, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield, UK
Associate Professor and Consultant Dermatologist, University of Southampton, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton, UK
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.