- Flip-book style is ideal for quick identification and quizzing, devoting two pages to each dental material — one with photos, and the other featuring its description — so you can choose to view only the image, only the description, or both.
- Hundreds of high-quality photographs help you recognize, identify, and select dental materials, showing materials in three ways: 1) as they appear within manufacturer packaging, 2) as they appear in their unmixed forms, and 3) as they appear at the completion of mixing.
- Need-to-know information includes the form in which the dental material is supplied, its composition, the armamentarium for use, and step-by-step directions on how to mix and use the material.
- Helpful hints or special considerations highlight specific terms, issues, properties, or clinical uses of the materials.
- Convenient, easy-to-follow organization groups chapters into the main categories of materials including restorative materials, impression materials, dental waxes, bonding agents, whitening agents, and others.
- Compact, pocket size with spiral binding is ideal for chairside use or on-the-go study.
- Equipment Commonly Used to Manipulate Materials chapter sets up a foundation of essential knowledge by describing the equipment needed for work in dental materials.
- Historical Dental Materials chapter covers older materials that may still have a place within many dental offices.
- Quick-reference appendices make it easier to look up metric conversion tables along with photos of commonly used brand-name products for each type of material.
1. Equipment Commonly Used to Manipulate Materials
2. Liners and Bases
3. Bonding Agents
4. Amalgam Restorative Materials
5. Resin Restorative Materials
6. Provisional Restorative Materials
7. Tooth Whitening
8. Dental Cements
9. Impression Materials: Elastomers, Inelastic/Rigid Impression Materials, and Hydrocolloids
10. Gypsum Materials
11. Dental Waxes: Pattern and Processing Waxes
12. Abrasion, Finishing, and Polishing Materials
13. Specialty Materials
14. Historical Dental Materials
Appendix A: Conversion Tables
Appendix B: Commonly Used Trade Materials