Learn need-to-know information on more than 300 dental instruments! Dental Instruments: A Pocket Guide, 6th Edition, makes it quick and easy for dental assistants and hygienists to master the identification and use of instruments and equipment used in everyday practice. It includes nearly 700 photographs and illustrations along with monographs describing each instrument’s use, characteristics, practice considerations, and sterilization. It’s also easy to review and to assess your knowledge, thanks to the flashcard-style, flip-book format. This spiral-bound guide is ideal both for study and for chairside reference.
- Clear, consistent format includes a photo of each instrument along with its name, functions, characteristics, practice notes, and sterilization, with chapters progressing from basic instruments to more specialized instruments.
- Nearly 700 high-quality photographs and illustrations include both full and close-up views to help you quickly and accurately identify and differentiate dental instruments.
- Flashcard format makes it easy to quiz yourself and assess your knowledge of dental instruments.
- Pocket size, spiral binding, and Velcro® closure makes the book ideal for on-the-go study and ease of use.
- Interactive review activities on the Evolve companion website include chapter quizzes as well as tray setup exercises and questions.
- Basic Dental Instruments
2. Enamel Cutting Instruments
3. Local Anesthetic Syringe/Components and Nitrous Oxide Sedation
4. Evacuation Devices, Air/Water Syringe Tip, and Dental Unit
5. Dental Handpieces
6. Burs and Rotary Attachments for Handpieces
7. Dental Dam Instruments
8. Amalgam Restorative Instruments
9. Composite Restorative Instruments
10. Crown and Bridge Restorative Instruments
11. Endodontic Instruments
12. Hygiene Instruments
13. Preventive and Sealing Instruments and Bleaching Trays
14. Orthodontic Instruments
15. Universal Surgical Instruments
16. Periodontal Instruments and Periodontal Surgical Instruments
17. Oral Surgery Extraction Instruments
18. Sterilization Equipment
19. Dental Materials Equipment
20. Dental Imaging and Diagnostic Equipment
21. Vital Signs and Beyond
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2018
- 31st March 2017
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Program Coordinator Registered Dental Assisting Program, Diablo Valley College, Pleasant Hill, CA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.