Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Dental Implants and Bone Grafts: Materials and Biological Issues brings together cutting-edge research to provide detailed coverage of biomaterials for dental implants and bone graft, enabling scientists and clinicians to gain a thorough knowledge of advances and applications in this field. As tooth loss and alveolar bony defects are common and pose a significant health problem in dental clinics, this book deals with timely topics, including alveolar bone structures and pathological changes, reviews of indications and advantages of biomaterials for dental implants and bone graft, design and surface modification, biological interaction and biocompatibility of modern dental implants and bone graft, and new frontiers.
This book is a highly valuable resource for scientists, clinicians and implantologists interested in biomaterial and regenerative strategies for alveolar bone reconstruction.
- Focuses on the structure, function and pathology of alveolar bone system
- Considers the issues involved in selecting biomaterials for dental implants and bone grafts
- Discusses the requirements for optimal dental implant osseointegration and alveolar bone replacements/reconstruction
- Explains the biological basis of dental implants and bone grafts
Materials scientists, dental practitioners, implantologists
1. Alveolar Bone Science: Structural Characteristics and Pathological Changes
2. Dental Implants Treatment: Clinical Indications
3. Alveolar Bone Grafting: Rationale and Clinical Applications
4. Implant Surface Modifications and New Development in Surface Coatings
5. Synthetic Bone Graft Substitutes: Calcium-Based Biomaterials
6. Bone Graft Engineering: Composite Scaffolds
7. Cellular and Molecular Reactions to Dental Implants
8. Bone Regenerative Issues Related to Bone Grafting Biomaterials
9. Cell-Based Therapies in Bone Regeneration
10. Pharmacological Intervention in Bone Regeneration
11. Assessment Methods of Bone-to-Biomaterials Regeneration
12. Frontiers in Research for Bone Biomaterials
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2020
- 30th August 2019
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Hamdan Alghamdi is currently associate professor and Director of Research Center at the College of Dentistry, King Saud University, Riyadh (Saudi Arabia). Dr. Alghamdi has also been affiliated as a visiting research assistant professor at the Department of Biomaterials and Oral Implantology in Radboud University Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands. Dr. Alghamdi has co-authored several publications in top ISI-journals in the field of biomaterials and tissue engineering of oral implantology
Associate Professor, Department of Periodontics and Dental Implants, College of Dentistry, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
John Jansen is Full Professor of Biomaterials and Experimental Implantology and Experimental Periodontology of the Department Periodontology and Biomaterials, Radboud University Nijmegen, the Netherlands. In April 2008, he was elected as full member of the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences. Additional awards include: PIONEER Award Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research (1991), Simon Stevin Mastership of the Netherlands Technology Foundation (2003), Clemson Award for Outstanding Contributions to the Literature of the Society for Biomaterials (2004), Federa-award of the Federation of Dutch Medical Scientific Societies (2012), Isaac Schour Award International Association of Dental Research (2014). He has contributed to over 600 publications, is the owner of seven patents and editorial board member/editor of seven international scientific journals. Currently, 20 PhD- students work under his supervision.
Full Professor and Head, Department of Biomaterials, Radboud University Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands