- Considers the fundamental role of relationship management in supply chains including an overview of performance measurement in the management of food supply chains
- Discusses the alignment of supply and demand in food supply chains and reviews sales and operations planning and marketing strategies for competitive advantage in the food industry
- Provides an overview of the effective use of new technologies and those that will be used in the future to deliver food sustainably and reliably
Table of Contents
- Delivering performance in food supply chains: An introduction. Part 1 Managing relationships in the food supply chain: Performance measurement in the management of food supply chain relationships; Living with power imbalance in the food supply chain; Supplier safety assessment in the food supply chain and the role of standards; Understanding innovation in food supply chains. Part 2 Aligning supply and demand in food supply chains: Sales and operations planning for the food supply chain: Case study; Food supply chain planning, auditing and performance analysis; Aligning marketing and sourcing strategies for competitive advantage in the food industry. Part 3 Managing processes efficiently and effectively in the food supply chain: Value chain analysis of the UK food sector; Improving responsiveness in food supply chains; Reducing product losses across the food supply chain; Methods for assessing time and cost in a food supply chain; Improving food distribution performance through integration and collaboration in the supply chain. Part 4 Maintaining quality and safety in food supply chains: Enhancing consumer confidence in food supply chains; Quality and safety standards in food supply chains; Developments in quality management systems for food production chains. Part 5 Using technology effectively in food supply chains: Role of diagnostic packaging in food supply chain management; Advances in the cold chain to improve food safety, food quality and the food supply chain; Simulation modelling for food supply chain redesign; The adoption of e-business solutions in food supply chains; Radio frequency identification (RFID) as a catalyst for improvements in food supply chain operations. Part 6 Delivering food sustainably and responsibly: Reducing the external costs of food distribution in the United Kingdom; Fair trade and beyond: Voluntary standards and sustainable food supply chains; Trends in food supply chain management.
- No. of pages: 576
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2010
- Published: January 28, 2010
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781845697778
About the Editors
Affiliations and Expertise
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Delivering Performance in Food Supply Chains"