Authors: M.P. Esposito
eBook ISBN: 9780815516811
Hardcover ISBN: 9780815511205
Imprint: William Andrew
Published Date: 31st December 1987
Page Count: 267
Includes extensive studies on decontamination techniques for buildings, structures and equipment for hazardous materials sites.
Firms involved in cleanup of Superfund and hazardous materials sites.
Contents and Subject Index
- Introduction Background Purpose Organization
- Conclusions and Recommendations Conclusions Recommendations for Future Study
- Development of A Decontamination Strategy Step 1. Determination of the Nature and Extent of Contamination Step 2. Development of a Site-Specific Decontamination Plan Step 3. Evaluation of Decontamination Effectiveness Case Studies
- Decontamination Methods Asbestos Abatement (Method 1) Absorption (Method 2) Demolition (Method 3) Dismantling (Method 4) Dusting/Vacuuming/Wiping (Method 5) Encapsulation/Enclosure (Method 6) Gritblasting (Method 7) Hydroblasting/Waterwashing (Method 8) Painting/Coating (Method 9) Scarification (Method 10) Radkleen (Method 11) Solvent Washing (Method 12) Steam Cleaning (Method 13) Vapor-Phase Solvent Extraction (Method 14) Acid Etching (Method 15) Bleaching (Method 16) Flaming (Method 17) Drilling and Spalling Method (Method 18) K-20 Sealant (Method 19) Microbial Degradation (Method 20) Photochemical Degradation (Method 21)
- Worker Health and Safety Training Medical Surveillance Personal Protective Equipment Site Safety Plan References Appendix A: Superfund Site Survey Appendix B: Sampling Methods Appendix C: Cost Analysis Appendix D: Case Study-Seveso, Italy Appendix E: Case Study-Binghamton State Office Building Appendix F:
- No. of pages:
- © William Andrew 1987
- 31st December 1987
- William Andrew
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
We cannot process tax exempt orders online. If you wish to place a tax exempt order please contact us.