Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Data Analytics in Biomedical Engineering and Healthcare explores key applications using data analytics, machine learning, and deep learning in health sciences and biomedical data. The book is useful for those working with big data analytics in biomedical research, medical industries, and medical research scientists. The book covers health analytics, data science, and machine and deep learning applications for biomedical data, covering areas such as predictive health analysis, electronic health records, medical image analysis, computational drug discovery, and genome structure prediction using predictive modeling. Case studies demonstrate big data applications in healthcare using the MapReduce and Hadoop frameworks.
- Examines the development and application of data analytics applications in biomedical data
- Presents innovative classification and regression models for predicting various diseases
- Discusses genome structure prediction using predictive modeling
- Shows readers how to develop clinical decision support systems
- Shows researchers and specialists how to use hybrid learning for better medical diagnosis, including case studies of healthcare applications using the MapReduce and Hadoop frameworks
Biomedical engineers, computer/data scientists, researchers and software engineers in the areas of data analytics, Artificial Intelligence, and machine learning
1. Data analytics applications in biomedical data
2. Predictive Health Analysis
3. Exploration of EHR (Electronic Health Records) using data science
4. Machine Learning and Deep Learning application on medical image analysis
5. Developing Clinical Decision Support System
6. Innovative Classification, Regression Model for predicting various deceases
7. Computational Drug Discovery using State of the Art Unsupervised learning
8. Genome Structure prediction using Predictive modelling
9. Hybrid learning for better medical diagnosis
10. Big data application in healthcare under MapReduce and Hadoop frameworks
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 1st October 2020
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
1995-To date Full Professor SKK Business School Sungkyunkwan University Responsible for teaching Business Datamining, MIS (Management Information Systems), and Internet Business Models in undergraduate and graduate. I conduct several director positions for executive programs with Samsung Group. I am the quadruple winner of “The Sungkyunkwan University Outstanding Research Award”. In 2006 I received the university's highest research honor, “The Sungkyunkwan University Fellow Award" in recognition of extraordinary accomplishment in research and scholarship. Accordingly, I was honorably included in the Hall of Fame of the SKK Business School in 2007.
Professor, SKK Business School, Sungkyunkwan University
Sanjiban Sekhar Roy is a Senior Associate Professor at the School of Computer Science and Engineering at VIT University. His primary courses focus on algorithm design and analysis, computer programming and problem solving, knowledge based systems, and agent based intelligence. He has published numerous journal articles on neural computing, neural networks, support vector machines, image processing and pattern recognition. He serves as a reviewer for the International Journal of Advanced Intelligence Paradigms and the International Journal of Artificial Intelligence and Soft Computing. He has received three publication awards for his research from VIT University.
Associate Professor (Senior), School of Computer Science and Engineering, VIT University, Vellore, India
Dr Pijush Samui is Associate Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, NIT Patna, Bihar, India
Associate Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, NIT Patna, Bihar, India
Dr. Vijay Kumar, Senior Member IEEE MTT APS and GARS HEAD DST-SERB Microwave and Radar Imaging Laboratory and Associate Professor, Microwave and Photonics Group School of Electronics and Communication Engineering Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore, TN, India.
Associate Professor, Microwave and Photonics Group School of Electronics and Communication Engineering Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore, TN, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.