Daniels and Worthingham's Muscle Testing: Techniques of Manual Examination, 8th Edition is the original handbook of manual evaluation of muscular strength. In addition to offering traditional methods for assessing and grading skeletal muscle function, the book provides a comprehensive section on muscle anatomy and innervations that rounds out the testing chapters by linking muscle topography and function. This edition includes a new DVD of tests and procedures video clips that supplement the tests explained in the book.
- Helpful Hints and Substitutions boxes provide additional tips and highlight muscle substitutions that may occur during a test to ensure greater accuracy in testing.
- Clearly identifies each muscle in the body by a constant reference number that can be found indexed in the Alphabetical List of Muscles by Region and Ready Reference Anatomy to help the reader quickly identify any muscle.
- Richly illustrated to clearly show testing sequences, muscle anatomy, and muscle innervation for more accurate practice.
1. Principles of Manual Muscle Testing
2. Testing the Muscles of the Neck
3. Testing the Muscles of the Trunk
4. Testing the Muscles of the Upper Extremity
5. Testing the Muscles of the Lower Extremity
6. Testing of Infants, Toddlers, and Preschool Children
7. Assessment of Muscles Innervated by Cranial Nerves
8. Upright Motor Control
9. Ready Reference Anatomy
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2007
- 30th January 2007
- eBook ISBN:
est professeur et chef de département, département de biokinésiologie et thérapie physique, université de Californie du Sud, Los Angeles, Californie.
Professor Emerita, Department of Biokinesiology and Physical Therapy, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
est directeur du département de thérapie physique, centre médical de Rancho Los Amigos, Downey, Californie. Professeur de clinique, département de biokinésiologie et thérapie physique, université de Californie du Sud, Los Angeles, Californie.
Former Director of Physical Therapy, Rancho Los Amigos Medical Center, Downey, CA; Former Clinical Professor, Department of Biokinesiology and Physical Therapy, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA