- Drawings and arrows along with clear written directions make it easy to understand and perform muscle testing procedures, allowing you to assess deficits in strength, balance, and range of motion.
- More than 600 illustrations clearly show testing sequences, muscle anatomy, and muscle innervation.
- Video clips of over 100 muscle tests on the Evolve companion website demonstrate the art and technique of muscle testing in a clinical setting.
- Details of muscle anatomy and innervation help in linking muscle topography with function.
- Helpful Hints and Substitutions boxes provide additional tips and highlight muscle substitutions that may occur during a test to ensure greater accuracy in testing.
- A constant reference number clearly identifies each muscle in the body, indexed in the Alphabetical List of Muscles by Region as well as in the Ready Reference Anatomy Manual on Evolve, to speed cross-referencing and help you quickly identify any muscle.
1. Principles of Manual Muscle Testing
2. Relevance and Limitations of Manual Muscle Testing NEW!
3. Testing the Muscles of the Neck
4. Testing the Muscles of the Trunk
5. Testing the Muscles of the Upper Extremity
6. Testing the Muscles of the Lower Extremity
7. Assessment of Muscles Innervated by Cranial Nerves
8. Alternatives to Manual Muscle Testing NEW!
9. Testing Functional Abilities NEW!
10. Case Studies NEW!
11. Ready Reference Anatomy