Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Dairy Foods: Processing, Quality, and Analytical Techniques provides comprehensive knowledge on the different factors involved in the development and safety precautions behind dairy foods, including special references to both theoretical and practical aspects. The book presents relevant information about the quality of dairy foods, including raw milk quality, predictive microbiology and risk analysis, food defense and food fraud. In addition, it looks into environmental aspects and consumer perception and goes on to cover methods and practices to process dairy products and analytical techniques behind dairy product development. Techniques explored include time domain magnetic resonance, thermal analysis and chemometric methods.
This will be a valuable resource for researchers and practitioners in the dairy industry, as well as students in dairy science courses.
- Offers a comprehensive accounting on the latest analytical methods used in the dairy industry
- Focuses on the processing of dairy foods, including emerging and novel dairy products with low sodium and sugar contents
- Sourced from a team of editors with relevant expertise in dairy food processing
Researchers in dairy science and dairy technology. Advanced undergraduate and graduate students in dairy-related food science
- Relevant Factors for Milk Quality in Dairy Foods Manufacturing
2. Predictive Microbiology and Risk Analysis
3. Thermobacteriology: Principles and Applications in Dairy Foods
4. Enzymatic Modifications in Dairy Products
5. Novel Strategies for the Manufacturing of Healthier Dairy Products
6. Sensory Analysis Procedures
7. Emerging Technologies in Dairy Foods Processing
8. Microencapsulation Techniques to Aggregate Values in Dairy Foods Formulation
9. Time Domain Low Field Magnetic Resonance Applied to Dairy Foods
10. Thermal Analysis Applications
11. Rheology Aspects Applied to Dairy Foods
12. Machine Learning Techniques for Quality Assessment
13. Dairy Processing and Environmental Management
14. Dairy Waste treatment: Theorical and Economical considerations
15. Novel Assurance Quality Systems in Dairy Factories: Food Defense, Food Fraud, and Traceability
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2021
- 1st August 2021
- Woodhead Publishing
- Hardcover ISBN:
Adriano Gomes da Cruz has a PhD in Food Technology from the Faculty of Food Engineering of the State University of Campinas Associate Professor of the Federal Institute of Education, Science and Technology of Rio de Janeiro (IFRJ) in the Department of Food. Adriano has teaching and professional experience in Food Science and Technology, with an emphasis on Dairy Science and Technology in particular non-thermal technologies, Quality Management in Food Industry Sensory and Consumer Science applied to dairy products.
Federal Institute of Rio de Janeiro (IFRJ), Brazil
Senaka Ranadheera has a PhD in Food Science from the University of Newcastle, Australia. Senaka teaches a number of subjects and is also the coordinator for the postgraduate subject Food Safety and Quality, as well as the undergraduate subject Food Research & Development. In addition, he coordinates the Honours degree program. He was an Early Career Research Fellow at Victoria University before joining the University of Melbourne in 2017.
The University of Melbourne, Australia
Filomena Nazzaro is senior scientist at the Institute of Food Science, of CNR (CNR-ISA) in Avellino, Italy, where she is also head of the Laboratory of Food Safety and Biotechnology. Dr. Nazzaro’s research is divided among biochemical and biological characterization of vegetables, the study of probiotics and prebiotics, with the application of technologies, such as microencapsulation, to formulate new functional foods. In addition, she studies the antimicrobial activity and quorum quenching by polyphenols/dairy peptides.
Senior Scientist, The Institute of Food Science of CNR (CNR-ISA), Avellino, Italy
Amir Mortazavian is a Full Professor at the Department of Food Science and Technology, Faculty of Nutrition Sciences, Food Science and Technology/National Nutrition and Food Technology Research Institute, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran. He has experience with dairy science and technology (esp., fermented milks), Functional foods, Probiotics and prebiotics in food products, and Food chemistry (esp., food ingredient interactions).
Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Iran
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.