This new edition examines the latest diagnostic techniques for the interpretation of a complete range of cytological specimens. It is concise, yet covers all of the organ systems in which the procedure is used, with the number of pages devoted to each body site proportional to the clinical relevance of cytology for that site. Inside, you’ll find new information on ductal lavage cytology and expanded coverage of FNA performance, keeping you current with the newest procedures. Over 700 full-color illustrations provide you with a real-life perspective of a full range of cytologic findings. Each chapter includes a discussion of indications and methods, along with a section on differential diagnosis accompanied by ancillary diagnostic techniques such as immunohistochemistry and molecular biology, where appropriate. As an Expert Consult title, it includes online access to the complete text of the book, fully searchable—as well as all of the images downloadable for your personal use—at www.expertconsult.com.
"We like this book and use it frequently, thank you Dr Cibas"
Reviewed by: PathLab.org Date: June 2014
- Offers comprehensive coverage of everyday diagnostic work in a concise format for a practical benchside manual.
- Covers every type of cytology—gynecology, non-gynecology, and FNA.
- Presents an in-depth differential diagnosis discussion for all major entities.
- Examines the role of special techniques such as immunohistochemistry, flow cytometry, and molecular biology in resolving difficulties in interpretation and diagnosis.
- Provides an in-depth analysis of common diagnostic pitfalls to assist with daily signing out and reporting.
- Features coverage of patient management in discussions of pertinent clinical features.
- Uses capsule summaries featuring easy-to-read bulleted text that provide a quick review of key differential diagnoses, diagnostic pitfalls, cytomorphologic features, and tissue acquisition protocols for specific entities.
- Includes over 700 full-color illustrations that provide you with a real-life perspective of a full range of cytologic findings.
- Cervical and Vaginal Cytology, Edmund S. Cibas
2. Respiratory Tract, Christopher A. French
3. Urine and Bladder Washings. Andrew A. Renshaw
4. Pleural, Pericardial, and Peritoneal Fluids, Edmund S. Cibas
5. Peritoneal Washings, Edmund S. Cibas
6. Cerebrospinal Fluid, Edmund S. Cibas
7. Gastrointestinal Tract, David W. Kindelberger and Helen H. Wang
8. Breast, Barbara S. Ducatman and Helen H. Wang
9. Thyroid, Edmund S. Cibas
10. Salivary Gland, Jeffrey F. Krane and William C. Faquin
11. Lymph Nodes, Paul E. Wakely , Jr. and Edmund S. Cibas
12. Liver, Barbara S. Ducatman
13. Pancreas and Biliary Tree, Jian Shen and David W. Kindelberger
14. Kidney and Adrenal Gland, Andrew A. Renshaw and Edmund S. Cibas
15. Ovary, Edmund S. Cibas
16. Soft Tissue, Xiaohua Qian
17. Laboratory Management, Edmund S Cibas
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2009
- 20th January 2009
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Professor of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Director of Cytopathology, Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
Chief, Pathology Service Line, Beaumont Health System, Beaumont Hospital Royal Oak