Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Current Trends and Future Developments on (Bio-) Membranes: Membrane Processes in the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnological field presents the main membrane techniques along with their basic principles, mode of operations, and applications. It covers well-known techniques such as ultrafiltration and membrane chromatography, while also exploring emerging membrane technologies which are finding their way in pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries, including membrane emulsification, membrane bioreactors, and solvent-resistant nanofiltration. State-of-the-art applications of membrane systems in areas such as drug delivery and virus removal are also investigated by leading experts in the field.
Current Trends and Future Developments on (Bio-) Membranes: Membrane Processes in the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnological field is a definitive reference for academics, post-graduates, and researchers in the subjects of biochemical engineering, pharmaceutics, and biotechnology. It is also useful to R&D companies and institutions in these areas, specifically those interested in bioseparations, biopurification, bioproduction, and drug delivery.
- Offers an overview of classical membrane-based separation techniques such as ultrafiltration, microfiltration and virus filtration
- Discusses emerging membrane-based separation techniques such as nofiltration in the presence of solvent, membrane emulsification and membrane crystallization
- Outlines their applications to bioseparation, biopurification and bioproduction
- Includes examples in the production of vaccines, antibiotics, biomolecules, drugs, DNA and cells
- Lists membranes systems for drug delivery like liposomes, nanocapsules and bilayer membranes
Academics, post-graduates, researchers, in biochemical engineering, Pharmaceutics, Biotechnology and R&D companies and institutions in the same area. Pharmaceutical and biotechnological companies and a key reference text for R&D managers in pharmaceutics and biotechnology industry interested in bioseparations, biopurification, bioproduction and drug delivery
1. Ultra- and Microfiltration in Dairy Technology
2. Microfiltration in Pharmaceutics and Biotechnology
3. Virus Removal and Virus Purification
4. Nanofiltration in the Pharmaceutical and Biopharmaceutical Technology
5. Purification of New Biologicals Using Membrane-Based Processes
6. Membrane Chromatography for Biomolecule Purification
7. Membrane Emulsification in Pharmaceutics and Biotechnology
8. Applications of Membrane Bioreactors in Biotechnology Processes
9. Supported Liquid Membranes in Pharmaceutics and Biotechnology
10. Drug Delivery With Membranes Systems
11. Lipid Membrane Models for Biomembrane Properties’ Investigation
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2019
- 22nd October 2018
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Angelo Basile, a Chemical Engineer, is a senior Researcher at the ITM-CNR where he is responsible for research related to both the ultra-pure hydrogen production and CO2 capture using Pd-based Membrane Reactors. He also holds a full professor of Chemical Engineering Processes. He has 140 scientific papers in peer to peer journals and 230 papers in international congresses; editor/author of more than 40 scientific books and 100 chapters on international books on membrane science and technology; 6 Italian patents, 2 European patents and 5 worldwide patents. He is referee of 116 international scientific journals and member of the Editorial Board for 22 of them. Professor Basile is also associate editor of the international journal Hydrogen Energy and of the Asia-Pacific journal Chemical Engineering, and is Editor-in-chief of the international journal Membrane Science & Technology and Editor-in-chief of Membrane Processes (Applications), a section of the international journal Membranes. Professor Basile also prepared 25 special issues on membrane science and technology for many international journals (IJHE, Chem Eng. J., Cat. Today, etc.). He participated to and was/is responsible for many national and international projects on membrane reactors and membrane science, and previously served as Director of the ITM-CNR.
Senior Researcher, Institute on Membrane Technology (ITM), Italian National Research Council (CNR), University of Calabria, Rende, Italy
Catherine Charcosset got her PhD from Compiègne University (France) and then spent 2 years as a postdoctoral fellow at MIT (Boston, USA). She was appointed research scientist at CNRS (Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, France) first as a junior and then as a senior scientist. Her field of research concerns membrane and membrane processes, especially in biotechnology and pharmaceutics as well as for drinking water treatment. Catherine Charcosset has been (or is) responsible for several national and international projects on membrane and membrane processes. She has supervised 15 PhD students and 20 Master students and has published over 100 papers and chapters in international journals and books, and 3 patents. She is the author of one book “Membrane Processes in Biotechnology and Pharmaceutics” published by Elsevier in 2012. She is co-editor with Angelo Basile of another book “Integrated Membrane Systems and Processes” published by Wiley in 2016.
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, France
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.