Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Current Developments in Biotechnology and Bioengineering: Waste Treatment Processes for Energy Generation provides extensive research on the role of waste management processes/technologies for energy generation. The enormous increase of waste materials generated by human activity and its potentially harmful effects on the environment and public health have led to an increasing awareness of an urgent need to adopt scientific methods for the safe disposal of wastes. This book outlines the basic knowledge, processes and technologies for the generation of energy from waste and functions as an important reference for academics and practitioners at varying levels of interest and knowledge.
The book's content encompasses all issues for energy recovery from waste in a very clear and simple manner, acting as a comprehensive resource for anyone seeking an understanding on the topic.
- Outlines the latest technologies used for waste conversion into energy and facilitates project evaluation based on these technologies
- Summarizes the pros and cons of various processes
- Includes case studies and economic analysis
Postgraduate and graduate students, researchers in academia, bio-industries, and government. It is also useful to students in the areas of Biotechnology, Industrial Biotechnology, Biochemical Engineering, Biological Engineering, Bioengineering, Biomedical Engineering
2. Waste legislations across the globe: An overview
3. Global status of waste to energy technology
4. Different waste treatment processes/technologies for energy recovery
5. Biofuels production from biomass towards sustainable development
6. Landfill gas as an energy source
7. Case studies around the world: Successful stories and challenges
8. Application of geographic information system in energy utilization
9. Promoting waste-to-energy: Nexus thinking, policy instruments and implications for the environment
10. The concept of energy efficient residential block design
11. Energy aware intelligence in megacities
12. Waste to energy model/tool presentation
13. Aspen plus modeling approach in solid waste gasification
14. Energy from waste: Future prospects towards sustainable development
15. Value creation with waste to energy: Economic consideration
16. Worldwide business model-environmental and financial aspects
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2019
- 8th January 2018
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Sunil Kumar is a Senior Scientist at CSIR–National Environmental Engineering Research Institute, Nagpur, India. Dr. Kumar has extensive experience in the field of solid and hazardous waste management and has over 80 publications and communications, which include three books and eight book chapters, and has an H index of 24 and more than 3700 citations.
CSIR–National Environmental Engineering Research Institute, Nagpur, India
Dr. Rakesh Kumar is a Director of National Environmental Engineering Research Institute (NEERI), a constituent laboratory of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) working under the umbrella of Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India, New Delhi. Dr. Kumar is one of the leading personalities in the field of Environmental Science and Technology. His major research interests include a wide range of environment science and engineering topics. He has 135 publications / communications, which includes 11 patents, 5 books, 15 book chapters.
Chief Scientist and Director CSIR-NEERI, Nagpur, Maharashtra, India
Prof. Ashok Pandey is currently Distinguished Scientist at the Centre for Innovation and Translational Research, CSIR-Indian Institute of Toxicology Research, Lucknow, India and Executive Director (Honorary) at the Centre for Energy and Environmental Sustainability – India. His major research and technological development interests are industrial & environmental biotechnology and energy biosciences, focusing on biomass to biofuels & chemicals, waste to wealth & energy, industrial enzymes, etc. Professor Pandey is Adjunct/Visiting Professor/Scientist in universities in France, Brazil, Canada, China, South Africa, South Korea, Switzerland, etc and also in several universities several in India. He has ~ 1300 publications/communications, which include 16 patents, 83 books, ~ 700 papers and book chapters, etc with h index of 93 and > 38,000 citations (Goggle scholar). Professor Pandey is Editor-in-chief of Bioresource Technology, Honorary Executive Advisor of Journal of Water Sustainability and Journal of Energy and Environmental Sustainability, Subject Editor of Proceedings of National Academy of Sciences, India.
Distinguished Scientist, Centre for Innovation and Translational Research, CSIR-Indian Institute of Toxicology Research, Lucknow, India