Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Curiosity and Exploration: Theories and Results provides a systematic review of research on curiosity and exploration and is intended to present theories, methods, and research findings and to compare these with other fields of psychology. The text discusses topics on various aspects of curiosity and exploration such as the historical development of curiosity research; theoretical approaches to fully explain the phenomena of curiosity and exploration; developmental perspective in the study of curiosity and exploration; and the author's summary and evaluation at the end of the book. Psychologists will find the book to be very interesting.
1. Historical Overview and the Frame of Reference of Motivational Psychology
Theoretical Conceptions of Curiosity and Drive
Intrinsically Motivated Exploration
2. The Conceptual Framework of Curiosity and Exploration
3. Theoretical Approaches
D. E. Berlyne's Curiosity Theory
P. McReynolds: A Theoretical Explanation of Exploratory Behavior
Livson's Definition of Curiosity
4. Methods I: Stimulus Determinants of Exploratory Behavior
5. Methods II: Recording Exploratory Behavior
Projective Methods for Assessing Verbal Exploration
6. Curiosity and Exploration in the Context of Developmental Psychology
"Interest in Novelty" in J. Piaget's Theory
Motivational Psychology Approaches
Cognitive Psychology Models, Complexity, and Age
Exploration and Perceptual Development
Exploration and Question Asking
7. Aspects of Differential Psychology
8. Sex Differences
Sex Differences as the Product of Child-Rearing Practices
9. Exploration, Social Class, and Culture
10. Exploration, Curiosity, and Intelligence
11. Curiosity and Creativity
12. Anxiety and Exploration
13. Summary and Evaluation
What Is Meant by Curiosity and Exploration?
Under What Circumstances Does Exploratory Behavior Occur?
What Are the Consequences of Exploratory Behavior?
Some Additional Considerations
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 1983
- 28th January 1983
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: