- Provides new data from the Alps to Africa
- Presents interpretation of the CROP seismic network data
- Offers a stepwise increase in information with new data for further studies
Table of Contents
Section 1. Previous main broad geophysical and geological explorations.
1. Review of the main results of the pioneering MS seismic exploration programme in the deep water of the Mediterranean Sea
2. Review of seismic wide-angle reflection-refraction (WARR) results in the Italian region (1956-1987)
3. Gravity and magnetic fields of the central mediterranean region
4. Bedrock geology of the Tyrrhenian Sea
Section 2. Crop seismic data acquisition and processing.
5. Crop seismic data acqusition, processing and interpretive reprocessing
Section 3. Opening of the Ionian and Alpine Neotethyan Oceans.
6. Ionian and Alpine Oceans Neotethyan opening
Section 4. The Alps.
7. Crustal tectono-stratigraphic sections across the western and eastern Alps from ECORS-CROP and transalp seismic data
Section 5. The Apennines-Calabrian Arc-Sicilian/Maghrebian chain.
8. Lithospheric tectono-stratigraphic setting of the Ligurian Sea-Northern Apennines-Adriatic foreland from integrated crop seismic data
9. Crustal geologic section across central Italy from the Corsica Basin to the Adriatic Sea, based on geological and crop seismic data
10. Understanding the ionides and their geodynamics
11. Ionian tethydes in the Southern Apennines
12. Crustal tectono-stratigraphy and geodynamics of the Southern Apennines from crop and other integrated geophysical - geological data
13. Magnetotelluric profiling along the crop-04 section in the Southern Apennines
14. Multiscale derivative analysis of the gravity and magnetic fields of Southern Apennines (Italy)
15. Geological outline of Sicily and lithospheric tectono-dynamics of its Tyrrhenian margin from new crop seismic data
16. Comparative NV and WA seismic modelling of sections in the Tyrrhenian Sea
17. The Calabrian Arc and subducting Ionian slab from new crop seismic data
Section 6. The Corso-Sardinian block.
18. Crustal tectono-stratigraphic setting and geodynamics of the Corso-Sardinian block from new crop seismic data
Section 7. Deep paleo-neo-basins.
19. Crustal tectono-stratigraphy of the Ionian Sea from integrated new crop seismic data
20. Lithospheric tectono-dynamics of the Balearic basin opening from CROP-ECORS seismic data
21. Ionian tethys lithosphere roll-back sinking and back-arc Tyrrhenian opening from new crop seismic data
22. Geodynamic significance of Tyrrhenian seafloor morphology
Section 8. Adriatic and Pelagian forelands.
23. Crustal tectono-stratigraphic setting of the Adriatic Sea from new crop seismic data
24. Seismic modelling applied to interpretation of a crop crustal section in the Adriatic Sea
25. Mechanism and timing of the pliocene-pleistocene foredeep migration in the Abruzzo offshore area
26. Crustal tectono-stratigraphic setting of the Pelagian foreland from new crop seismic data
Section 9. The Moho of the Central Mediterranean region.
27. Depth contour map of the Moho discontinuity in the central mediterranean region from new crop seismic data
Section 10. Magmatism.
28. Triassic magmatism and jurassic ophiolites at the margins of the Adria plate
29. Cenozoic tectono-magmatic evolution of the central-western Mediterranean: Migration of an arc-interarc basin system and variations in the mode of subduction
30. Within-plate cenozoic volcanism and lithospheric mantle evolution in the western-central Mediterranean area
31. A reapparaisal of the betic ophiolitic association: the westernmost relic of the alpine tethys
Section 11. Geodynamic evolution.
32. Evolutionary reconstruction of the Mediterranean region: Extrusion tectonics driven by the convergence of Africa Arabia and Eurasia
33. Plate tectonics of the apulia-adria microcontinents
34. Geodynamic evolution of the Mediterranean region, from the permo-triassic Ionian opening to the present, constrained by new lithospheric crop seismic data
- No. of pages: 794
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Elsevier Science 2005
- Published: December 12, 2005
- Imprint: Elsevier Science
- eBook ISBN: 9780080457604
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "CROP Project"