Table of Contents
- Foreword (N.E. Good). Preface (N.R. Baker, H. Thomas). List of contributors. 1. Canopy establishment: light capture and loss by crop canopies (C.K. Ong, J.L. Monteith). 2. Canopy survival (H. Thomas). 3. Modelling canopy photosynthetic productivity (Y.P. Wang, R.E. McMurtrie, J.J. Landsberg). 4. Photosynthetic CO
2assimilation and rising atmospheric CO 2concentrations (S.P. Long, B.G Drake). 5. Carbon and nitrogen budgets within the plant (R.J. Simpson). 6. Interactions between carbon and nitrogen nutrition processes (G.J.A. Ryle, I.A. Davidson, J.H. Macduff). 7. Balance in the source-sink system: a factor in crop productivity (D.R. Geiger, J.C. Servaites, W-J. Shieh). 8. Mechanisms of sugar translocation (A.J.E. van Bel). 9. Plant growth and water use efficiency (W.J. Davies, J.S. Pereira). 10. Leaf cell expansion (E. Van Volkenburgh). 11. Interception of light by leaves (L.O. Björn). 12. Photomorphogenesis in the natural light environment: implications for crop photosynthesis (H. Smith, I. Gilbert). 13. Light and crop photosynthetic performance (N.R. Baker, D.R. Ort). 14. The molecular basis of mesophyll cell development (H.J. Ougham, D. Francis). 15. Regulation of gene expression and plastid development (E. Kruse, K. Kloppstech). 16. Chloroplast replication (S.A. Boffey). 17. Carbon and nitrogen metabolism: interactions during leaf development (A.K. Tobin). 18. Chloroplast senescence (P. Matile). Subject Index.
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Elsevier Science 1992
- Published: December 21, 1992
- Imprint: Elsevier Science
- eBook ISBN: 9781483291413
About the Editors
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Crop Photosynthesis"