Now in brilliant full color and reflecting recent significant changes in the field, Critical Heart Disease in Infants and Children, 3rd Edition, keeps you abreast of the skills and knowledge required to safely care for children with congenital and acquired heart disease in the ICU. Pediatric intensivists, cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, and anesthesiologists from leading centers around the world provide a well-rounded perspective on basic scientific principles, medical and pharmacologic treatments, surgical techniques, and equipment.
- Employs well-documented tables, text boxes, and algorithms to make clinical information easy to access.
- Features chapters each written and reviewed by intensivists, surgeons, and cardiologists.
- Integrates the authors' extensive experiences with state-of-the-art knowledge from the literature.
- The Segmental Approach to Congenital Heart Disease
2. Cardiovascular Physiology and Shock
3. Regulation of Pulmonary Vascular Resistance and Blood Flow
4. Renal Function and Heart Disease
5. Splanchnic Function and Heart Disease
6. Cerebral Function and Heart Disease
7. Pharmacology of Cardiovascular Drugs
8. Pediatric Arrhythmias
9. Pericardial Effusion and Tamponade
10. Anesthesia for Pediatric Cardiac Surgery
11. Applied Respiratory Physiology
12. Respiratory Support
13. Cardiac Arrest and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
14. Coagulation Disorders in Congenital Heart Disease
17. Noninvasive Diagnosis of Heart Disease
18. Diagnostic and Therapeutic Cardiac Catheterization
19. Perioperative Monitoring
20. Cardiopulmonary Bypass
21. Mechanical Circulatory Support in Infants and Children
22. Nursing Care
23. Perioperative Management of Patients with Congenital Heart Disease
25. Atrioventricular Septal Defects
26. Aortic Valve Disease
27. CoA and IAA
28. Mitral Valve Disease
29. AP Window/PDA
31. Persistent Truncus Arteriosus
32. Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Return
33. Transposition of the Great Arteries and the Arterial Switch Operation
35. TOF with PAT and VSD
36. Pulmonary Atresia with Intact Ventricular Septum (PA/IVS)
37. Ebstein’s Anomaly
38. Single Ventricle
39. Tricuspid Atresia and the Fontan Operation
41. Staged Operative Management of the SV
42. Critical Appraisal and Use of Evidence about Therapy
43. Cor Pulmonale
44. Inflammatory Heart Disease
45. Infective Endocarditis
46. Syndromes and Congenital Heart Defects
47. Heritable Disease
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2019
- 29th November 2018
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Chief of Pediatric Surgery, Driscoll Children's Hospital, Children's Heart Program, Corpus Christi, TX
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.