- Incorporate a holistic approach. Visualize all or any parts of the body, tissues, organs and systems in their live, anatomically and functionally interconnected state and in the context of the whole patient’s clinical circumstances.
- See exactly how it’s done. Numerous ultrasound images and dozens of videos demonstrate the use of ultrasound in critical care.
- Rely on the guidance of more than 80 different experts from Australia, China, Middle East, Europe, USA, and Canada regarding the current and future use of CCU.
- Adapt the use of emergency ultrasound in specialized out-of-hospital (i.e., war zones, animals) and in-hospital (i.e., pediatric units) settings. Additionally, issues regarding CCU logistics, training, and education are analyzed for the first time.
- Access the complete contents, images, and video online at Expert Consult —fully searchable!
Critical Care Ultrasound
Section I – FUNDAMENTALS
1. Fundamentals: Ultrasound Physics and Principles; Equipment and Imaging Modes; Image Quality and Optimization; Artifacts; Ultrasound Technique and Safety Issues; Emergency Ultrasound; Critical Care Ultrasound
Section II – NEUROCRITICAL CARE
2. Transcranial Doppler Ultrasound in Neurocritical Care
3. Transcranial Doppler in aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage- Consultant level examination
4. Transcranial Doppler in the diagnosis of cerebral circulatory arrest- Consultant level examination
5. Use of Transcranial Doppler Sonography in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit - Consultant level examination
6. Ocular ultrasound in the intensive care unit- Consultant level examination
7. General Chest Ultrasound in Neurocritical Care
Section III – VASCULAR ULTRASOUND
8. Overview of the arterial system
9. Ultrasonography for Deep Venous Thrombosis
10. Ultrasound guided central venous access: the basics
11. UGVA Trends and Perspectives
12. How to choose the most appropriate ultrasound guided approach for central line insertion: introducing the rapid central venous assessment (RaCeVA) protocol
13. Pediatric Ultrasound Vascular Access
14. Ultrasound Guided Peripheral Intravenous Access
15. Percutaneous Inserted Central Catheters
16. Ultrasound Guided Arterial Catheterization
17. Intravascular Ultrasound (IVUS)- Consultant level examination
18. Ultrasound Guided Placement of IVC Filters- Consultant level examination
Section IV – LUNG AND PLEURAL ULTRASOUND
19. Lung Ultrasound: the basics